PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Zephyr 300 - Control Module Problem

SakenPT
09-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Hey guys and girls, i am new here, this is my first Post, so i should start with a brief introduction.
I am from Portugal and i've recently started a job repairing air conditioner modules, knowing knothing about air cons i started looking for clues on what i am repairing..., when i found this forum :cool:

I have several Carrier Zephyr 300 Modules that dont start the compressor, the remote says an error (R04 i think i cant remember now) i know that the code is something about "compressor contactor error"
i found a small Relay (V23101) that wasn't working properly i replaced it but it didnt work, it still does the same problem :( sometimes when the ventilator starts the system crashes all at once...
I Will look for some burn diodes but until then i came here looking for an answer from a more experienced user.
I would also love some Service Manuals (if you have them send them to sakenpt@gmail.com).

I Can tell that you guys are more experienced than i am with frige and cold stuff but i am experienced in computers and electronics.
If i can help anyone with anything electronic or computer related please tell me, i would feel bad if anyone helps me and i cant help him back.
Many thanks :D

cadwaladr
09-03-2010, 08:55 PM
a04 is compressor clutch fault,check power to clutch [road] compressor its normally ran with refrigerant hose,s

SakenPT
09-03-2010, 09:20 PM
the problem is in the micro controller, the unit runs fine with another controller...

carrier_trained
24-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Ah, the newer Zephyr 300 has same microprocessor as Zephyr 30S, consists of 2 boards, a large one bolted to the cover panel and a small one secured to the large board. Make sure these pins are clean and tight, also make sure the 2 relays(RE30CH) are in good condition, apart from the other plugs, its pretty hard to fix these, i know they are around $1100 here in Australia, you may have to fit a new one.

optomik
31-03-2010, 04:58 AM
Hallo !

I have problem with instalation Carrier Zephyr 300. Please if samone have electric data sheet for this system please sand me!

Regards
Marko