PDA

View Full Version : Foster Blast Freezer looking for parts

Lenl
09-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Good day, I am trying to source out parts for a Foster Blast freezer, a smaller unit 30 cu ft. I am looking for the temperature probes used with the electronic temperature/printer control. This unit is used in a seniors home. It seems Foster is no longer around so my suppliers tell me.
Model FOC135-200
Thank you
Larry

Latte
09-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Rest of the World
Foster Refrigerator
Export Division
Oldmedow Road
King's Lynn
PE30 4JU
Tel: +44 (0)1553 780500
Fax: +44 (0)1553 768409
E-mail: export@foster-uk.com
Web site: www.fosterrefrigerator.co.uk/export

Assuming this is the same Fosters, and as i was at their head office the other day they certainly looked like they were still going. Had a look at the website and doesnt show anything for u.s/canada so looks like you may have to go direct to factory as above.

Hope this helps

Regards

Latte

123-steve909
10-03-2010, 05:00 PM
It’s to do with the foster brothers, one brother taking the UK (Larry Foster) and the other taking the US and Canada. Each brother would not sell into each others markets so foster UK and US were two separate companies. The US foster was brought out by traulson years ago but may still be able to supply parts.

Recall the blue foster UK logo of the world, there was a line blanking out the US, and the reason above is why

Regards,
Steve

lowcool
11-03-2010, 12:41 PM
make one .....

123-steve909
12-03-2010, 10:36 AM
that may be a better option, if you can find out what type of probe it is. i.e: ptc, ntc

Lenl
12-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the replys, Thats my next option is to use a temperature meter and compare it. RTD, J,K,T, eventually I will figure it out. only problem, time is money and thats a big problem for the customer these days.

lowcool
12-03-2010, 10:54 PM
it wouldnt happen to describe it in the owners manual by any chance?had a similar problem with a stab probe it was described in the manual,found that a dixel ptc sensor had the same characters,disected it,removed sensor and sent it off to have stab probe made,worked perfect with no offset required.had to have it made smaller as the original was to big and destroyed the product and manufacturer couldnt supply a smaller one.the funny part of this was that it was cheaper than manufacturer probe and takes alot more abuse than the ceramics originally supplied.williams probes are over rated thats for sure