PDA

View Full Version : Need help on inverter air con

arvinr
09-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Hi everyone, I need some clarification on the Inverter air con. I'm from Malaysia and the power frequency we use is 220 - 240 V / 50 hz. The air con sold here are using 50 hz.

In the event I need the air con to work on 230 - 240V / 60Hz, will the inverter unit able to auto change the frequency.

This air con will be fitted in a container where it moves through different countries with different frequency. Your kind assistance are much appreciated.

hyperion
09-03-2010, 04:04 PM
You will probably find that the change in frequency to 60hz will cause some problems. The inverter built into the air conditioning unit is specifically for providing a controlled/variable voltage and frequency to the compresor and/or fan motor. This relies on he mains supply being a constant frequency. Varying the voltage from 220 to 240volts should be less of a problem. You may have to have some sort of auto frequency inverter that maintains the 50hz. This device could be fairly expensive. I am sure that someone else could eb able to provide further details of the best way to go. It is probably going to be cheaper to install a generator for use in countries with 60hz.