PDA

View Full Version : Used Tempress Gauges

MassiveBoost
07-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi guys, I am after some used Tempress gauges, if you have any old ones lying round no matter what condition then please let me know - I'll gladly take them off your hands.

Thanks Bob

Brian_UK
07-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Is that because the new ones are too expensive ? :D

MassiveBoost
08-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi Brian,

LOL yes indeed they are too expensive.

I have the facility to repair them you see, saves a few quid!

Regards Bob

Gingerair
08-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi Bob

Does this mean you overhaul, calibrate & sell on ??
I'm just about to order some, when i've picked myself up off the floor after finding out they've doubled in price in 2 years..

Any DN80 for ammonia ??

Quality
08-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Try Cewal they do gauges for all ;)

Gingerair
08-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks Quality, can't find a DN80 for NH3 on their website but will give them a ring tomorrow..

May also be able to treat myself to a new torr gauge now, tempress want nearly £350 !!!! :eek:

Now wish i'd tried a bit harder to get one i had back from a calibration firm that went awol on me..

MassiveBoost
10-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi Gingerair,

Don't have any 80mm for ammonia here - Is it a Tempress gauge? Differential or single connection?

Thanks Bob

Gingerair
10-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Hi Massive B

The plant is an old york unit, with the original gauges supplied by them & are no longer available as a spare. Have replaced a disch gauge before but ended up opening up the hole in the panel to fit a DN100. Don't want to do that again & am not too impressed by the quality of the above disch gauge, not to mention that they originally supplied me with a gauge marked up as ammonia but with brass internals- down right dangerous. So thought i'd let the customer bite the bullet & go for a correct sized quality gauge this time..

Rang Quality's recommendation tues morn- CEWAL, but they hadn't got back to me by this afternoon so i've ordered tempress ones (1x Dish 2x Suct, all single connection).

There are more on the plant that i'm sure will need replacing in the near future, do you think you could help ??

MassiveBoost
11-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi Gingerair,

When you start opening up holes in the panel, you open a can of worms my friend.

What model York unit is it? Do you have part numbers for the gauges as it will be easier for me to check if i have them available. Tempress number will be perfect.

If you can let me know so I can keep an eye out for these gauges as I am sure I will be able to help you for next time.

Out of interest what did you pay for these gauges?

Regards

Bob

Gingerair
17-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Hi again Bob

Sorry about delay, York Parts No.s
Gauge Oil 026-18763
Gauge Suct 026-14365
Gauge Disch 026-14363

Not got a tempress part No as such, only numbers relating to their order key- http://www.tempress.dk/getfile.php?objectid=467395

Was told that for the oil & suction -1to+12Bar was the standard gauge, this was not what i wanted but there would have been a charge for any lesser range.
All the above were £145+vat each & deliv..