PDA

View Full Version : newb question (pressure to boiling point?)

Nick_Black
05-03-2010, 03:38 PM
hey, a few quick serches and I was unable to find what I was looking for (though I'm shure it's out there, and probably as soon as I post this I will find out myself.. but anyway's)

how do you calculate that if Propane's boiling point is -40*C (i know it's not exact, but bare with me) how do I figure out how much pressure it needs to be under in order for the boiling point to raise one degree? how much for 5 degree's? ect. how do I calculate this?

(if this question made sense..)

Thanks in advance :)

Brian_UK
05-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Saturation Table ?

Toosh
05-03-2010, 07:34 PM
hey, a few quick serches and I was unable to find what I was looking for (though I'm shure it's out there, and probably as soon as I post this I will find out myself.. but anyway's)

how do you calculate that if Propane's boiling point is -40*C (i know it's not exact, but bare with me) how do I figure out how much pressure it needs to be under in order for the boiling point to raise one degree? how much for 5 degree's? ect. how do I calculate this?

(if this question made sense..)

Thanks in advance :)

Search GOOGLE and you will find :eek:

Nick_Black
06-03-2010, 02:16 AM
@Brian thank you! that was the keyword needed to help me find it, thank you!

@Toosh. using Brian's keyword, yes I did find :) (though if you don't know the proper wording it makes things really hard to find)

thanks guy's!!

Toosh
06-03-2010, 02:27 AM
@Brian thank you! that was the keyword needed to help me find it, thank you!

@Toosh. using Brian's keyword, yes I did find :) (though if you don't know the proper wording it makes things really hard to find)

thanks guy's!!

Your learning, also this forum has a lot of good info on it

Good Luck Toosh :):)

Brian_UK
06-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Nick, it is a good idea to have CoolPack on your computer.

It contains all sorts of useful tables, charts, gizmos and load calcs and most importantly it is free.

http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Coolpack/UK/About.html

Colin G
06-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks for that link Brian can see hours of fun on this although its a Saturday night i should be out enjoying my self :D