PDA

View Full Version : Changing functions Supra 744 unit locked

truckman
04-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Controller is locked, can only change temperature settings.
Stop/Start function is locked, need to unlock. Other
functions are also locked. How do I unlock the controller. Thanks

abbsnowman
05-03-2010, 01:14 AM
You have to go into micro with a laptop and un-lock.

truckman
05-03-2010, 01:18 PM
I see nothing that would allow attachment of
laptop plug-in inside the micro box.

abbsnowman
06-03-2010, 04:31 AM
I'm not sure the extent of your knowlage so I am hesitant to provide too much info. You need to access through the serial port and your laptop must have the microprog or serviceman program on it. There is a special cord.
If you have what I am talking about I can help you but if not, please call someone who works on these all the time. It is realy not a big deal to do but you must know what your doing.:D

djbe
10-03-2010, 09:04 PM
You don't have to do it with a laptop. You have to enter the micro configuration mode which is possible by jumping 2 specific wires to the micro.

As abbsnowman has said though it is important that you get it right otherwise you could cause all kinds of problems.

Do you have access to or know anyone with a maintenance manual?

regards,
djbe.

abbsnowman
11-03-2010, 03:27 AM
DJBE, that's why I didn't mention the "easy way." I have seen all kinds of things happen when guys do it that way.
Cheers!

carrier_trained
25-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Here's the procedure.

With the unit in the "off" position, locate the serial plug(directly underneath the control box), remove the cover, and place a bridge between SPA&SPB, Do not allow the jumper wire to touch any earth!!
Turn the unit on, the fault light will come on, and "CNF1 TV" will be on the cab command display.
Scroll through to CNF20 and change the value to "off", this will unlock all functions, DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER CONFIGURATIONS!
Once completed, turn unit off, remove jumper and replace cap.