PDA

View Full Version : mitsubishi help!

aodhan
03-03-2010, 10:20 PM
was working on a sinle phase power inverter unit... model number puhy-rp140... rush current protect resister was blown on filter board so after talking to mitsubishi technical they told me it was best to replace all 3 boards as they could not say wether it was the control board or power board at fault.... so after changing all 3 boards and disconnecting the compressor,fans and solenoid coils i switched power on to unit only for the rush current protect resister to blow straight away again...

any ideas or help greatly appreciated thanks!

VRVIII
04-03-2010, 08:14 AM
was working on a sinle phase power inverter unit... model number puhy-rp140... rush current protect resister was blown on filter board so after talking to mitsubishi technical they told me it was best to replace all 3 boards as they could not say wether it was the control board or power board at fault.... so after changing all 3 boards and disconnecting the compressor,fans and solenoid coils i switched power on to unit only for the rush current protect resister to blow straight away again...

any ideas or help greatly appreciated thanks!

Hi Aodhan,

Have you checked for a bad neutral connection at DB, local isolator etc? A floating neutral will result in large voltage variations which can blow PCB’s.

Thermatech
04-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Floating or not connected Neutral is prime suspect.

Had one last week.
Electrical contractor had connect the outdoor unit neutral terminal to earth & earth terminal at outdoor unit to Neutral.
We had to trace the cable back to the distribution board to confirm which cable actually was the Neutral & earth.

aodhan
08-03-2010, 09:33 PM
was just back on site today and checked neutral connections at fuse board, isolator and on unit and all seems ok... still waiting on new p.c boards to arrive... any other ideas or ways of checking to see whats causing this problem?

kkeithd2
12-03-2010, 12:23 AM
I once had this problem and it turned out that the condensing unit was haunted, after a visit from the local priest all was ok. Only other time this happened was as already mentioned dodgy neutral although Mitsubishi sent us a complete condensor free of charge (money not refrigerant)

Haden4ever
12-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Funny that, i've got issues with two puhz rp100's, both have blown noise boards according to mitsi they never fail, who was your priest...?