PDA

View Full Version : Servicing a LG Mini Split 410a

wrangoth
03-03-2010, 09:11 PM
I have a LG mini split that has two compressors and two air handlers in one condensing unit. It appears that the ***** is shared. Only has one accumulator and one 4 way valve.

One compressor is grounded to the case and causing breaker to trip. My question is this. How should I go about replacing this compressor? I am concerned about cross contamination. To change the compressor it appears that the ***** will be removed from the entire circuit. Two filter driers will need to be installed, I believe.

What are the odds of the burn out from compressor B effecting the other? Should both be replaced or if the ***** is evacuated and a good vacuum put on the system will that be enough. Also, not sure if there is an acid away that can be used with 410a systems.

Not familiar with servicing 410a at all yet. Work at a university and have mostly r22 and just now getting into issues with 410a equipment.

Any help will be appreciated.

Wrangoth

Brian_UK
03-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Any chance of a model number to help with information?

wrangoth
03-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Yes. LMU240HE

Brand Name is LG

alan wolf
05-03-2010, 07:48 PM
hello

we have just replaced defective compressors on 3 duplex hermetic systems and it can be difficult depending on jobs, compressor weights, locations.

dont know lg units mentioned but we have removed both compressors each time and replaced oil in the good 1. oil was black in all cases due burn outs and new driers also fitted.

always recommend new contactors for compressors also.

problem when starting is finding reason for failures. we had expansion valve problems with cut capilliary tubes on 1 unit.

Can only say be careful as coms are heavy, instalations may be tight and in our case access was ****

AWW

lgtechnician
12-03-2010, 03:17 PM
My suggestion on this model would be to replace both compressors. Also a good thing to do would be replace the check valves on the system. As far as flushing its recommended not to be done. The LG units use a pve oil in their systems and the standard poe. Also dryers are not recommend currently by the LG factory.

nike123
13-03-2010, 06:48 PM
My suggestion is to discard that system and buy new one (preferably not LG).
That would probably be cheapest solution.

bernier74
26-04-2010, 09:21 PM
what?

Maybe in Europe that would be the best thing to do, not in North America though these systems are expensive the LMU245 costs $2000.00

exotiic
28-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I believe the compressor and labour costs to replace would be very close to that at spare costs. Which makes the new system with warranty comparable in costs

nike123
28-04-2010, 06:59 PM
I believe the compressor and labour costs to replace would be very close to that at spare costs. Which makes the new system with warranty comparable in costs
And, we must consider that compressor is died 95% because of some other system fault.:eek: