PDA

View Full Version : freezer room equipment

jack smith
03-03-2010, 05:16 PM
We are going to be re-equipping a freezer room although the equipment the supplier has quoted seems rather large. the internal room size is 3000w 2600 l and 2100h (mm). we have been quoted a 5 hp condensing unit, 2099watts and a 4.63 kw evaporator the pipe run is approx 15m. the only details i have of the previous equipment that was in the room is that it was a 2.5hp compressor. room is designed to sit at -21 deg c, all products are entering room frozen and room is for high usage, door leading into freezer room is off a coldroom which sits at approx 3 deg c. Does anyone think this is the correct equipment quoted

Brian_UK
03-03-2010, 07:07 PM
What do the design calculations give you for the equipment size?

chemi-cool
03-03-2010, 07:32 PM
It looks Ok.

Is it hermtic or semi hermetic compressor?

Capacity is at -25°C evaporation temp.

sharonzhang
12-06-2010, 04:10 AM
Dear Jack,

I am Sharon Zhang from Hongyi Precision Industrial Inc. We are manufacturer of digital temperature controller,digital thermometer. I think installer of cold room,like you, may have some needs of temperature controller in near future. Pls feel free to contact me at zzhy@hongyiinc.com if there is any need in future. Thank you so much!:p

We are going to be re-equipping a freezer room although the equipment the supplier has quoted seems rather large. the internal room size is 3000w 2600 l and 2100h (mm). we have been quoted a 5 hp condensing unit, 2099watts and a 4.63 kw evaporator the pipe run is approx 15m. the only details i have of the previous equipment that was in the room is that it was a 2.5hp compressor. room is designed to sit at -21 deg c, all products are entering room frozen and room is for high usage, door leading into freezer room is off a coldroom which sits at approx 3 deg c. Does anyone think this is the correct equipment quoted

Magoo
12-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Sounds a bit over the top for a room that size with pre frozen product and entry from chiller area.
More details on construction would help, ambient conditions etc.,
The upside is that if oversized it will not run that much and be a power saver.
magoo