PDA

View Full Version : hotpoint frost free upright freezer

cadwaladr
03-03-2010, 06:06 PM
can anyone help ,i am a refrigeration engineer but dont normally touch domestic but this belongs to a good customer of mine ,the model is fz150/future frost free[hotpoint] it is not cooling comp not running tested comp it works fine,but no power coming via electronics probes seem to be ok [resistance similar] even if you activate fast freeze nothing ,fan works could it be the thermostat /board or the main board fitted at the back of the cabinet[outside] thanks in advance

344martin
03-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Sounds like a board problem. Downside to that is that if , as you say, it has the control module on the back below condenser, you're into big bucks for board, plus it needs a programmed eeprom dependant on commercial code. The eeproms are (have) being phased out in favour of programming via software download from indesit or "smart card" in conjunction with a small hardware adaptor. Either way you're going to struggle without the necessary low end adaptors!
Just another way the manufacturers are squeezing out the independants. Sorry to be so negative, but if compressor works but not getting power supplied to it, the only thing supplying power is the board.

chemi-cool
03-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Electronics killed the domestic fridges.

I stopped touching domestic when electronic took over.

Too many problems.
My advice, turn it back to electro\mechanic one, it will work with no problems for the next 20 years.