PDA

View Full Version : Liebert Hiross Close Control Humdifier bottles

moondawn
02-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi All

I am going to replace a leaking faulty humidifier bottle in a close control liebert hiross unit.

The model of the indoor is: M350A001V102002PO

My question is what is the procedure for replacing these.

Is there a PCB board with a dip switch to drain down or is it done from the controller.

The controller is situated on unit 1 where the problem is and controls 4 units in total.

many thanks lee

Brian_UK
02-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Lee, haven't found your model number, didn't look too deeply, but have a look on the Liebert site, there are manuals for downloading etc; you might find something close.

The one I read said push the drain button, so probably not your model :D

http://www.liebert.com/Default.aspx

NoNickName
02-03-2010, 08:31 PM
wrong post

coolhandlew
02-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I look after a few Liebert close control units but they're all trend controlled, not hiross. On these the humidifier controller is a carel pcb. On these the way i drain down is link 2 terminals at the top of the board marked DR and GND.

moondawn
03-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi brian

Had a look could not find the unit on there

coolandlew, will have a look next time on site see if they have a carel pcb thanks for your input

anyone else know ?

abov
09-03-2010, 10:33 AM
pleasure to meet u,i have problem with liebert aircond.if u know about LIEBERT model cm 50 af.how the sequencing setting/configuration.can u help me...

mgtet
09-03-2010, 07:48 PM
if it has the standard interface then scroll down until the screen say "dr" then press the enter button, it will probably say off change to on and it will energize the drain solenoid. Keep doing this until the cylinder is empty, no password is required.

moondawn
11-03-2010, 08:24 PM
hi all

changed the bottle today, on the controller there is a setting

the setting is DRAIN which was off, set to on and did this a few times.
however the bottle had not drained as i found when removing it. Strange that it did not drain
tested the bottle and it reached its setpoint and noticed water level had decreased from the point where the water had first filled.

cheers lee

manhnghia
24-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi Abov,
What do you want to sequencing setting/configuration for CM 50

tradybrad
30-03-2010, 10:40 AM
sounds to me if u had issues manually draining humidifier bottle via controller and this was done correrctly drain solenoid may be faulty be careful this can cause problems with humidifier bottle aswell as if water keeps draining or vice versa cannot drain causes issues with heater elements in bottle

moondawn
30-03-2010, 07:41 PM
hi tradybrad

will keep that in mind, i have never used the liebert hiross controllers and found them to be non user friendly, i was fairly certain that the drain ON feature i selected was correct.

I noticed the Water level in the bottle had decreased quite a lot which i felt it may have drained but to be honest i could not be sure.

cheers
lee

jiminajam
31-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Scroll down menu to drain, set to on, ( no pass word required) drain soleniod valve will open for 30 seconds and then reset.

moondawn
31-03-2010, 08:42 PM
hi there yes thats the setting i did, its says in the manual to set to ON a few times i think. I followed this command but still had not drained down.

jiminajam
04-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Moondawn,
Check soleinod valve coil, 240v etc when activated,also can be blocked with gunge etc.Also cylinder looks like it has water in, make sure it has.
Cheers

Jim

pwcpp
08-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Several month ago I found a digtial out pin damaged on Hiross controller board, so the drain function of the humidifier is not useful (even if the drain in manual setting page is ON).

It's too expensive to replace the whole board. Then I have to DIY the circuit by adding a cicular dual time delay relay to control the drain time and the interval time automatically.