PDA

View Full Version : Need Urgent Help Wiring New Compressor

gindog20
26-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi guys i am having a few probs wiring up a new pot, on a small bottle fridge. I took out an old LG comp and was sent a diffrent model to fit, (model-GL90TB).

I have changed many comps and the electrics are normally straight forward. The capacitor came already wired, i then had one spade which read L and another which said N. I connected the neutral from condensor fan which is joined to another black cable to the N, and the live from the condensor motor and another brown cable to the L.

When i switch on the power the lights and evap motors come on but nothing else. I have 240v going to condensor motor but also 240v on the neutral?

In the main conector box there is a strip of conector block with brown live, blue neutral earth and also a black, anyone any idea what the black would be for.

Any help would be great.

Brian_UK
26-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Follow the black wire and see where it goes.

Check with compressor manufacturer for wiring diagram.

gindog20
26-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Follow the black wire and see where it goes.

Check with compressor manufacturer for wiring diagram.

black cable heads in to the cabinet, prob lights or evap motor.

Just cant get my head round why the neutral is giving me 240v when i turn power on, and thats with it disconnectted.

Brian_UK
26-02-2010, 11:12 PM
If it is disconnected at one end then it is not completing the circuit so will show the live power being fed in at the other end.

It is the normal indication of a "neutral fault", having full voltage on it, that is.

paul thompson
26-02-2010, 11:44 PM
test with your meter that the black isn.t the return from the t/stat. it is on a few makes of bottle coolers .

gindog20
27-02-2010, 07:29 AM
test with your meter that the black isn.t the return from the t/stat. it is on a few makes of bottle coolers .

So where would the black from thermostat normally go? Prob a silly question, but i am more custum in working on larger comps.

Think i might just wire up the old electrics from the LG comp, it was only the capacitor that was burnt out.

paul thompson
27-02-2010, 09:32 AM
another point . you say its a small bottle cooler . well a gl90 comp acc / electrolux . will be far too big for a small bottle cooler . plus if you do finally get it running . the comp wont last long they are s^&t comps . the return from the t/stat goes to the klixon or overload

TEVM8
27-02-2010, 10:14 AM
another point . you say its a small bottle cooler . well a gl90 comp acc / electrolux . will be far too big for a small bottle cooler . plus if you do finally get it running . the comp wont last long they are s^&t comps . the return from the t/stat goes to the klixon or overload
as said,the t/stat return goes to the overload,
the neutral goes onto the top left on the relay(along with the blue capacitor wire).
hope this helps
TEV

gindog20
27-02-2010, 02:40 PM
OH thats why the comp did not come on, the ther/stat was at zero, but the pointer was at 7.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

lowcool
28-02-2010, 10:14 PM
switching neutrals should be made illegal worldwide

pete-c
06-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Black should be the return from the stat.

Pete

anna.savvy
07-03-2010, 09:57 AM
i think pete is right