PDA

View Full Version : Enabling Daikin Weekly Scheduled Timer BRC1D61 during centralised control?

Lonesurgeon
26-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I would like to know if anyone has any idea to enable the schedule timer while under centralised LonWorks control.

The problem:
The user uses centralised control system for the entire facility. The user would like to use a Daikin schedule timer to specifically set an indoor unit while connected to a central system.

So far I have tried the following without success:

1) Use a standard controller set as master with centralised control. Tether a secondary schedule timer BRC1D61 set under "slave" mode. However, under slave mode, schedule timer is not available. Unless there is a bypass (through modification or programming) to activate the schedule...

2) So far, I have not found a LonWorks code that will "call" or activate the schedule timer on the wired controller. The schedule can be set while connected to central system but cannot be activated.

I'm not familiar enough with the electronics to bypass the lock while under slave mode. If the control board inside the indoor unit only act on "last command", it stands to reason that the schedule timer commands will only override the central control until the "next" central command is given. Or, the schedule timer will override the central command again should there be other programmed actions for that day.

Any ideas?

VRVIII
26-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum,
Try setting field setting 1b-5-02 on the indoor you want to use the remote schedule timer, this will allow the schecdule to operate but I think it will be last command. Why can't you remove this unit form the central control device schedule timers?

Lonesurgeon
27-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Thank you VRVIII!

I tried your field settings while under Master Mode and it is working perfectly.

The reason for using this setting is due to a third-party centralised control system controlling the DMS504B51 LonWorks controller. The third party controller was unable to set an individual schedule timer for that specific indoor unit. However, the end-user would like to program their own schedule at any time.

Under centralised control, the user has wireless and local touch screen control of the Daikin indoor unit.

This is to say that the third party control guys were too lazy to write a schedule timer menu into the local touch screen controller. Now, hehe, both touch screen and Daikin controller are located at the same location.

The field settings you gave me were not in the Option handbook from Daikin. The last code from the table only explained 1b-2-02. I guess you are part of the R&D team or something. I thank you for your expert help. None of the guys in Daikin HK or Japan were able to answer my question.:)