PDA

View Full Version : daikin indorr unit flashing error of hj

pringy01
24-02-2010, 07:43 PM
i need help with a error code coming up error code is HJ unit 0 cant find it anywhere really need some help

thanks
pringy01:rolleyes:

pringy01
24-02-2010, 07:59 PM
the unit is a
WATER COOLED VRV
with 4
Round flow cassette
fans

pringy01
24-02-2010, 08:41 PM
if it helps the code number is
rweyq8p 3 please help !!!!!!!!

Brian_UK
24-02-2010, 10:53 PM
HJ Outdoor unit · water system fault

Check the water circulation system; pump, air locks, flow switch etc.

pringy01
25-02-2010, 07:52 AM
thats great thanks but would it be the same error on the water cooled vrv with the code number of rweyq8p???? thanks

VRVIII
25-02-2010, 08:57 AM
i need help with a error code coming up error code is HJ unit 0 cant find it anywhere really need some help

thanks
pringy01:rolleyes:
Hi,

As Brian said, this error is due to lack of water flow <50 l/m or flow switch is open circuit during operation.

Do the units have flow switches installed? Are they working correctly?
Are the units and pumps controlled independently? If so verify the units are never enabled unless pumps are operating.
Do the units have a water strainer installed on every plate heat exchanger inlet (1 per unit)? Have you checked the strainers are clean? If there are no strainers installed you will have no warranty and the plate heat exchangers could be partially blocked.
Do you have the correct water flow through all units? Have pumps been correctly sized, flow rates checked and balanced (nominal flow rate is 96 l/m per unit)?
I would suggest you check the heat exchanger inlet/outlet water ΔT this should be between 3~8 C when unit is operating at 100% capacity, if the ΔT is >8 C the flow rate is insufficient.
Also check the inlet water temperature is within the continual operating range 15~35 C.

pringy01
26-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the responsise to the error codes they are very helpfull there is a flow switch on the system but the main contractor still hasnt wired it up has just linked it out within the unit. Would you agree that is the main issue i have on the system

thanks again

VRVIII
26-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the responsise to the error codes they are very helpfull there is a flow switch on the system but the main contractor still hasnt wired it up has just linked it out within the unit. Would you agree that is the main issue i have on the system

thanks again
I would say the issue is defiantly low water flow this is being detected by the heat exchanger refrigerant thermistor as the flow switch is linked out.
The flow switch must be connected across terminals 3 & 4 of terminal block X2 this is used as a safety device to protect the plate heat exchangers.
The system must not be operated until you have rectified the low water flow. Continually resetting this fault can result in freezing of the plate heat exchanger which can fracture the internals or compressor failure due to liquid pumping.

I would suggest you verify the point I mentioned in previous post,

Do the units have flow switches installed? Are they working correctly?
Are the units and pumps controlled independently? If so verify the units are never enabled unless pumps are operating.
Do the units have a water strainer installed on every plate heat exchanger inlet (1 per unit)? Have you checked the strainers are clean? If there are no strainers installed you will have no warranty and the plate heat exchangers could be partially blocked.
Do you have the correct water flow through all units? Have pumps been correctly sized, flow rates checked and balanced (nominal flow rate is 96 l/m per unit)?
I would suggest you check the heat exchanger inlet/outlet water ΔT this should be between 3~8 C when unit is operating at 100% capacity, if the ΔT is >8 C the flow rate is insufficient.
Also check the inlet water temperature is within the continual operating range 15~35 C.
25-02-2010 07:52 AM

pringy01
26-02-2010, 11:22 AM
many thanks on this subject has all been takin in and hopefully resolv the situation

thanks again