PDA

View Full Version : Hello All,

stiwho
11-02-2005, 04:52 AM
New member here wasn't sure where to even post this but thought this might be the closest to my current profession. I'm currently attending Florida Atlantic University and an intern at an Engineering consulting business. Wow the things I've learned about the actual insides of all types of structures from a small restaurant to a 22 story condo. I'm pretty much working my way up to Mechanical Designer/Engineer.
I just wanted to say hello and maybe you guys can give me some pointers so i can stay one step ahead of what my managers want me to be or expect me to be at. I mainly want to be on top. Or maybe you guys might have some questions who knows I might be of assisstance!
Really like the site!

FreezerGeezer
11-02-2005, 09:23 AM
Hello Stiwho, and welcome. :) I'm curious - what exactly do you cover on your course?

rbartlett
11-02-2005, 09:56 PM
i like south fl

thought the keys were really nice esp.oh the gulf coast -naples st petes ..
the atlantic side wasn't quite so nice -west palm and daytona a real let down- loved miami art deco strip which i enjoyed muchly ..

could have lived there and was real close to applying..pisspoor wages and strange locals..but loved it over all

cheers

richard

stiwho
12-02-2005, 03:49 PM
I actually live in Ft. Lauderdale I can only say good things about this place probably will never leave this place because its such a nice place to live Ill take pics of the city one of these days. As for school I'm studying to be a Mechanical Engineer and hopefully someday Ill have my masters and have my PE along side with it. It odd enough that much of the courses don't really involve in any design aspecs for HVAC systems but yet it's us the M. Engineers that land those jobs. Alot of Autocad is involved!