PDA

View Full Version : Inverter Scroll compressor replacement

aquasanj
23-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi All,

I have to replace an inverter scroll compressor for a 12 KW ducted split aircon which had its windings shorted to body.

I was enquiring if there a specific method or procedure in carrying out the replacement of the compressor (R410A)?

Thanking you all in advance

Aquasanj

chemi-cool
23-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi All,

I have to replace an inverter scroll compressor for a 12 KW ducted split aircon which had its windings shorted to body.

I was enquiring if there a specific method or procedure in carrying out the replacement of the compressor (R410A)?

Thanking you all in advance

Aquasanj

Of course there is a special way to do the job.
People are usually paying us to do it.
Maybe get an experianced person to help you for the first time?

aquasanj
23-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks for your reply Chemi cool......

monkey spanners
23-02-2010, 11:26 PM
I think changing the actual comp is similar to a normal one, the difference comes from finding out if the inverter circuit is ok and not what caused the first comp to die.
I've only changed one on an inverter and that was years ago now, think we had to check voltages were even on all three phases etc, have a word with the manufactures tech department to see wht the procedure is for your make of unit.

Jon

ironmen
24-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Well is the same as replacing a normal fix speed compressor you have to ask yourself a question why that previous compessor die.do a clean job,look for any trace of moisture in the system,any slow leaks etc.checked your inverter board if its modulating properly on load.be aware that inverter compressor lifespan is long you might have something wrong somewhere.

aquasanj
24-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Many thanks for your replies.

I should have mentioned its for a Daikiin air con.:

I called in the Daikin techs to reconfirm the PCB and luckily it was in the warranty period so i get the PCB and a Compressor.......:D

They said the PCB caused the fault in the compressor....

thanks again

VRVIII
25-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Many thanks for your replies.

I should have mentioned its for a Daikiin air con.:

I called in the Daikin techs to reconfirm the PCB and luckily it was in the warranty period so i get the PCB and a Compressor.......:D

They said the PCB caused the fault in the compressor....

thanks again

Hi,

What is the model number of your unit? The compressor replacement procedure is basically the same as a standard compressor, however the correct charging procedure will vary depending on the unit.

I have never seen or heard of a faulty inverter board damaging a compressor, I would check the system as been installed as per manufactures install manual