PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make a stock 18kW NH3 absorption unit

wdietz
23-02-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm looking for 5 tons for residential AC. Is there a system out there that is like a big propane powered absorption refrigerator (Servel, Electrolux) They seem to max out at about 0.5 kw (1800 btu/hr fuel used-assuming COP of 1). I had a servel as a kid and it ran with no issues for 30 years.:D I can't afford to buy 36 of them to hook together. I'm hoping that I can find a no noise, no trouble chiller, that just keeps on running like that old frige. I need to know heat fluid requirements to see if I can get a solar thermal array to be the heat source. :rolleyes: There have been several threads about solar AC but none have produced anything but opinions. :confused: If no one makes such a unit, I'm surely not going to try.

Toosh
23-02-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm looking for 5 tons for residential AC. Is there a system out there that is like a big propane powered absorption refrigerator (Servel, Electrolux) They seem to max out at about 0.5 kw (1800 btu/hr fuel used-assuming COP of 1). I had a servel as a kid and it ran with no issues for 30 years.:D I can't afford to buy 36 of them to hook together. I'm hoping that I can find a no noise, no trouble chiller, that just keeps on running like that old frige. I need to know heat fluid requirements to see if I can get a solar thermal array to be the heat source. :rolleyes: There have been several threads about solar AC but none have produced anything but opinions. :confused: If no one makes such a unit, I'm surely not going to try.

Hi Try this

http://www.hvindex.com/adpdf/GASCOOL.PDF

regards

Toosh

Toosh
23-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Try here also
http://www.yazakienergy.com/ Robur is another

Toosh

wdietz
23-02-2010, 02:29 PM
seems gascool is no more. the web address gasforce-com redirects to connaught.plc

wdietz
23-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks, am waiting on a reply from Yazaki and Robur.

Toosh
23-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Your very welcome good luck

Toosh