PDA

View Full Version : my new job is a nightmare

andy32
22-02-2010, 12:23 PM
I got laid off from a really good company about three weeks ago , for the last week I have been working for a place that repairs domestics and a few chillers , They use a old compressor as a vac pump have no nitrogen to pressure test for leaks and are charging r600 units that have blatantly got leaks using line taps I told the owner there was no way I was going to do that , add to this the guy has just told me everyone is paid off the books cash in hand . The whole place is a recipe for disaster , one day someone is really going to get hurt but its not going to be me as i am walking from the 'job' . I have only been in the trade a little under two years and have not put all that time and effort in to end up worse off than when I started , so I am back to square one trying to get taken on as a mate or maintenance engineer .

multisync
22-02-2010, 01:45 PM
I got laid off from a really good company about three weeks ago , for the last week I have been working for a place that repairs domestics and a few chillers , They use a old compressor as a vac pump have no nitrogen to pressure test for leaks and are charging r600 units that have blatantly got leaks using line taps I told the owner there was no way I was going to do that , add to this the guy has just told me everyone is paid off the books cash in hand . The whole place is a recipe for disaster , one day someone is really going to get hurt but its not going to be me as i am walking from the 'job' . I have only been in the trade a little under two years and have not put all that time and effort in to end up worse off than when I started , so I am back to square one trying to get taken on as a mate or maintenance engineer .

Report him. He must be F-Gas registered and calor certified to work on that kit.

Tony
01-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Hi Multisync,

He must be F-Gas registered and calor certified to work on that kit.

Why does he have to be calor certified? - He is only using the iso-butane (I guess he means R600a) as a refrigerant.

123-steve909
03-03-2010, 01:06 PM
no certificate needed for r600a

Oleg
28-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Here is CARE training from BOC for R600... It is impressive how R600 explodes. Anyway I would report to H&S executive and ACRIB.
I do work in similar company and initialy had problems... then I explained about business perspectives. Now looks OK. We are throwing away R600 units or i do R134a retrofit /shorter capilary/ same compressor.