PDA

View Full Version : PCB's - Electronic panels

aabbcc
21-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Which is your opinion cocerning systems with PCS (electronics) vs electromechanical panels?

You trust more the old electromecancal panels or the PCB?

Are the PCB easire to service or the electromechanical panels?

When you are on a service course and fall on a PCB panel, DOES YOUR first thought goes ' The electronic has fried?)

Please advise.:)

frank
21-02-2010, 04:55 PM
The old way of setting up a basic cold room or freezer with 'Ranco' type controls was (and still is) very simple, and when something goes wrong, it is easy to pinpoint the fault.
With the advent of electronic controls into our trade, fault finding has become a little more troublesome, given that the systems are more complex.
On the plus side, the electronics, in a lot of situations, have been programmed to indicate an error code when a fault occurs, and, providing you have a list of the fault codes for a given make, you can find and hopefully fix the problem straight away.
I suppose one of the drawbacks of sophisticated electronic controls is that you need to understand the control strategy to work out what is happening at certain points in the operation of the plant to know if it is working correctly, in addition to measuring temps around the circuit.
Although the mechanical controls are good and do an excellant job on basic refrigeration set ups, they don't figure too well in the current 'Energy Saving' environment being forced down our throats. ;)

aabbcc
21-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Thank you frank, intersting procedure.

aabbcc
21-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Ooops!! Interesting approach I wanted to type... But I am doing some business in parallel and typed else.
Sorry...

aca76
21-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Hello i need a electronic for Samsung .I need STCC05-B chip