PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo Eco Boilers etc.

bigDog
15-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi guys,

looking into the option of the New Co2 boilers etc, what are the legal stadings on doing the "Wet Work" ie the connection/disconnection of the water pipes and runing pipes if needed to the new unit? Obviously the decommisioning of the old unit will eed to be done by a plumber, but can we do the rest? Ad be insured to do it?

Cheers.

bD

Brian_UK
15-02-2010, 10:59 PM
The legal side depends on the country you are working in, your bio doesn't help us, living in "?" apparently.

By CO2 boiler I take you mean a heat pump?

If the 'old' unit contains refrigerant then it must be dealt with by an authorised person, in the EU anyway.

bigDog
16-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi brian,

Well i suppose i do mean heat pumps, more specifically the new sanyo Eco Co2 boilers, that go to 65 deg to eliminate the eed for a back up electric heater to get rid of legionaires....

Just wondering if an Fgas chappy can go ahead and do all except the decommisioning of the gas on the original gas boiler. As im not "Gas safe" i obviously can do this....

But what about working on the water pipes, extending to the new Co2 Eco boiler etc......

Where do we stand...

sorry, in the uk

Brian_UK
16-02-2010, 07:11 PM
As I'm not "Gas safe" I obviously can do this....Conflicting statement that but, hey ho. Your existing gas supply would need disconnecting from the old boiler and the pipework sealed.

Just had a quick look at the ECO, http://uk.sanyo.com/aircon/products/CO2-ECO-Heating-System/Introduction/
and it looks quite a good piece of kit.

The outdoor unit is self contained so the only connection to it would be the water pipes connecting it to the tank unit. So all you need is a plumber and an electrician.

I say electrician because of the current requirements for an electrician to do new/modifications to household wiring, (I'm not an electrician).

bigDog
16-02-2010, 09:43 PM
i know i mean in the eyes of the "Gas safe register"

Haha, not Fgas register!

Hmmm, ok thanks brian. I really hope this CO2 system takes off, its a real break through in my eyes. It can go to 65 deg which eliminates a lot of probs that the daikin altherma has to overcome!!

I do feel if it takes off it will be us fixing it and not plumbers. So really we should be fitting it! As we offer a far superior repair service haha!

I am part p registered (full scope) so i can be the electrician, just looking into the unvented regs and water regs to see if i can get the quals for the water/pipe work...

to eliminate the plumber

Brian_UK
16-02-2010, 10:19 PM
I did an unvented course last year, one day, one certificate.

I understand that I should also have water regs but haven't pursued that yet.

bigDog
16-02-2010, 10:45 PM
ah i see, have you used the altherma kit? This sanyo one looks bloody good to be honest. If prices come down a bit british gas is in trouble...

perhap british gas are fighting things like this to become huge!