PDA

View Full Version : R410 noise??

ioa_pap
14-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi all-nice forum...

I would like to ask if it's normal to hear the ***** flowing around.I had a daikin multi split installed and its working great.The ''problem'' is that now that I am operating it in heating mode every 15 minutes or so the internal fan stops (i think it goes on defrosting mode) and i can hear the sound of running water.After a few minutes it starts blowing again hot air.
I think installation is good but is it possible that short piping-around 2,5 m-(leading to high pressure) is causing the problem?
Is it normal to go onto defrosting mode so often(outside temp is around 0 C)??

For example my neighbour has a hitachi single split and i cant hear this noise.Also it goes into defrosting mode every 40 min.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

nike123
14-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Frequency of defrosting depend on moisture content in the air and temperature of air.
Different construction mean different defrost intervals, so you cannot compare two units.
But, from experience, it is too often by my judgment.
You probably have refrigerant leak or some restriction or outdoor air is recirculating.

icecube51
14-02-2010, 05:56 PM
where do you here this sound? inside or out? if its outside, maybe the by-pass valve is broken.

Ice

ioa_pap
14-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I am hearing the noise from the inside unit when it stops blowing air and everything is quite.

@nike123
The area is near the sea so there is a lot of moisture.I have it installed six months now.If i had a leak would it work for such a long time?

nike123
14-02-2010, 06:35 PM
I am hearing the noise from the inside unit when it stops blowing air and everything is quite.

That should be normal noise because there is no air circulation and refrigerant evaporation is not complete.

@nike123
The area is near the sea so there is a lot of moisture.I have it installed six months now.If i had a leak would it work for such a long time?

That depend on size of leak, and if it is small, it could pass unnoticed until air temperatures are lower.