PDA

View Full Version : Beko fridge freezer dead?

Errodiel
14-02-2010, 12:27 PM
First post - be gentle with me!

Last night our Beko fridge/freezer was making odd noises - the compressor was running as usual but every time it went off there was a kind of popping, pinging noise. I was slightly concerned at the time, but this morning I went to get a couple of slices of bread and found them half defrosted.

OH said it was making the same popping noise before I got up, but now the compressor doesn't seem to be coming on at all - it will make a brief humming, then the pop/click/pinging sound. Could this be the death rattle of the motor and/or compressor? There's also a noise which is either dripping or bubbling - we can't quite decide which. There's no sign of any leaks.

I can't find any serial or model numbers on it, so all I can say is that it's a Beko fridge/freezer, and I reckon it was already old when I moved in here 6 years ago. Our landlord's usually great with these things, but there's not much even he can do on a Sunday!

Peter_1
14-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Your compressor is blocked or you have a faulty starting relay.
What you here is the clixon going each time in safety.
If it's older than 10 years, buy a new one.

Errodiel
14-02-2010, 01:28 PM
That's basically what I thought Peter, thank you. It's my landlord's FF so it will be a matter of ringing him first thing tomorrow and getting him to fix it asap. I doubt it will be economic to repair - it's so old that the plastic's starting to yellow :o

rodders6162
14-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Good to see you made it here Errodiel.
Told ya it was the top place for refrigeration probs.

R.
Rodders aka Scorpio man on DS

Bobby Drake
28-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Usually if these Turkish compressors pump poorly they make a running water type noise. I have had loads of 'em.:rolleyes: