PDA

View Full Version : Which vac pump

glenn1340
14-02-2010, 12:02 PM
I`m thinking of buying a new vac pump but the more I look the more I`m confused by the wide variety: 50 microns, 25 microns 15 mcrons; 3,5,6 and 8 cfm. Obviously the lower the micron rating the better but it seems the cfm goes down. So what do you guys recommend for around £300. I`m working on commercial splits mainly so something to cope with typical (if there is such a thing) pipe runs.

Thanks guys,
Glenn

chemi-cool
14-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Thats my vacuum pump, no complains, 1.5 years of work.
Mine is 2f-10.

thebigcheese
14-02-2010, 04:51 PM
chemi that pump looks like an ite one that i have
duel voltage?

chemi-cool
14-02-2010, 05:40 PM
chemi that pump looks like an ite one that i have
duel voltage?

I dont know about dual voltage, We only have one [Single phase]

All pumps look alike. This one is Spanish. High quality product.

multisync
14-02-2010, 07:02 PM
I dont know about dual voltage, We only have one [Single phase]

All pumps look alike. This one is Spanish. High quality product.

Duel voltage here refers to 220/110v. We all use the Robinair 4cfm

http://www.advancedengineering.co.uk/uk-vi-product.asp?pid=3

chemi-cool
14-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Why do you need 110v in England for?

marc5180
14-02-2010, 07:56 PM
110v is the preferred option on building sites across the UK.

monkey spanners
14-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Why do you need 110v in England for?

If we are working on a construction site all portable tools need to be run off of a 110v transformer, its a 2x 55v supply, the idea being we shouldn't be able to kill our selves with that voltage.

So a dual voltage pump allows for 110v site work an 240v when we can't be ar$ed to get the transformer out of the van :D

I'm happy with my Yellow Jacket vac pump, no need to go to big with the cfm rating as gauge lines don't flow well enough for it to make much difference.

chemi-cool
14-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Nonsense, even 24V can kill.
Its the amps that kill you.
All you need is an RCD on the extension cable and you are safe.

monkey spanners
14-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Nonsense, even 24V can kill.
Its the amps that kill you.
All you need is an RCD on the extension cable and you are safe.

Thems the rules, nonsense or not. Have even heard of 36v battery drills being banned from site. We have to have those yellow jackets, hard hats, safety shoes, gloves, fibre glass steps, it goes on.

In one office their health and safety officer insisted i had four traffic cones with hazard tape round them, a fibre glass ladder and someone standing by just incase so i could measure the air on and off temps and write down the model number on a cassette, i had to have a site induction and fill out a form before the even let me do this...

The UK is run by numpties, and its the working man that has to put up with it, or move abroad which is looking increasingly attractive as time goes by :D

Andy AC
14-02-2010, 10:08 PM
You can't go wrong with a yellow jacket, I've got two of them, built like tanks. The robinair ones are pretty good as well.

Andy

glenn1340
14-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Many places don`t allow stanley knives on site now. On one site induction I was even asked if I knew the correct way to use a spanner. Oh and on two sites I got to I can`t wear riggers boots incase something hot falls inside them

Gingerair
15-02-2010, 12:24 AM
The best vacuum pumps available have got to be Edwards (Used to be BOC Edwards), the old EM Series being the best..

The smaller sizes are only available reconditioned now though, although i think the speedyvac 2 is still available new..

They arn't cheap though, but in my own experience they last alot longer than any other make, duel voltage motors & spares/rebuild kits are readily available..

Tried to post links, but cause i'm a newishbie computer say's no.. Google- Edwards High Vacuum or Absolute Vacuum Services..

Apart from these the yellow jacket ones are pretty decent for the money..

'elf & safety has gone crazy in the UK, think the compensation culture is largely to blame for this myself..
Got chucked off a site in 08 for not wearing sunglasses while working on a roof, to their surprise i was only to happy to leave & made my own decision not to go back.. :cool:

Yellow Jacket
15-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Yellow Jacket's SuperEvac pumps are all rated at 15 microns. The 6 CFM is usually the best bang for the buck. If you have some time to spare, their new Bullet pump will get you 8 CFM for the same price (or less?) than their 6 CFM. I think it will ship in April.

chemi-cool
15-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Yellow Jacket are not represented in my country, I am not familiar with your stuff.

It could be very good, or not. I am very pleased with my pump.

Yellow Jacket
15-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Supco International represents Yellow Jacket in Israel. If you want, I can provide contact details.

quiksilva
15-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Had 2 robinair 5cfm never let me down in 11 years of use until retired, a mastercool 6cfm and 10cfm which lasted 3 months and 4 months respectively (garbage like the rest of their range IMHO).
Currently on yellow jacket 4 and 6 cfm models which the only downside i can see is the amount of oil they require compared with my old robinair - 24-26oz against 14-16oz - nicely built too with a comfortable handle for carrying

andy

chemi-cool
15-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Supco International represents Yellow Jacket in Israel. If you want, I can provide contact details.

I know them, They don't do nothing to advertise that fact. I wonder how much they sell.

If you want a good distributer, leave me a pm and I will contact you with them. No commission :D

thebigcheese
15-02-2010, 08:45 PM
we have yellow jacket pumps and 2 ite ones, both makes seem pretty good although we have had problems with the capacitors on the yellow jackets

amitsaxena
16-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Hi All,

We also uses Edwards, but i want to know from where i can get the minimum vaccum pressure the pump can achieve with what LPM ?
Also whats the optimum value of Vaccum pressure need to be maintained during production for Low Pressure / Medium Pressure / High Pressure applications
Thanks
Amit