PDA

View Full Version : Multiple evaporating temperature with a single compressor

michaelm
14-02-2010, 04:22 AM
B”H

Could someone refer to a thread/ information where DX system with few evaporators (a chiller and ice maker) with different evaporating temperature connected to a single compressor is discussed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards.

Peter_1
14-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Danfoss has some literature about this.

Compressor selected for a capacity equal to both loads and evaporating at temperature of ice maker.
Evaporating pressure regulator on chiller room.
SV in both liquid lines to shut off each one separately.

Or you could use a VFD and run on low speed with your compressor when only chill room is needed and on High speed when icemaker is running. We have an application worknig this way.

nike123
14-02-2010, 09:05 AM
http://www.danfoss.com/BusinessAreas/RefrigerationAndAirConditioning/EducationAndTraining/RefrigerationSystem.htm

michaelm
14-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Peter and Nike thank you so much.

mad fridgie
17-02-2010, 09:06 PM
This is a very interesting point.
Lets say a chiller mode is 10kW at 0/40С and an ice maker mode is 3 kW at -12/40C. What a total capacity should be?
The total capacity would be 13kw at -12/40C. I would not choose this as a combination. Very inefficient

aabbcc
19-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Well even it is an OLD post... I remember a clever set up that had in mind to reduce cost... But reducing cost also means reduce failures and problems since use less parts.

Well connect the icemakers evaporator first and the chiller second. At the output of the chiller connect a thermosat that would do the job...
Of course each evaporator would have its own line but the same return. Even I am sure that with the same supply line would work perfect as the return gas of an icemaker at 20C Temp is more or less -2C~-5C... So it is a good temperature for the chiller...

The problem with this system is that when the icemaker's bin is full BUT the chiller has been used and increased water temp or vice versa the compressor Cannot work .

Or you have to add a 3way solenoid valve to cut the part that do not need to work...

Aik
07-05-2010, 12:59 PM
The total capacity would be 13kw at -12/40C. I would not choose this as a combination. Very inefficient
Totally agree with you.