PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV

al
11-02-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm having a problem with an: rsey10kly1 outdoor. The ambient sensor is reading 35c in an ambient of 5c, it's not high enough to trigger a fault yet unit won't heat as it thinks the ambient is too high.

I've swapped the probe with a good one, no joy, could there be anything else "dragging" this value out or is it a case of a board replacement?

PS
i wish it was 35c.............:D

alec

VRVIII
11-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Hi Al,

How are you checking the thermistor value? By connecting service checker or by resistance reading.

Have you defiantly connected a thermistor with correct range?
5 C = 51Kohms
35 C = 13Kohms

Could be poor BCB connection or plug on PCB is loose (fractured solder connection) or as you said the PCB.

al
12-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi VRV

I took an ambient sensor from another unit, both my sensors read OK on the good unit.

I'm just measuring the resistance at the moment, plucking up the courage (and the time) to follow the directions in the manual to check with the leds.

Is the service checker a worthwhile investment do you think?

Alec

VRVIII
12-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi VRV

I took an ambient sensor from another unit, both my sensors read OK on the good unit.

I'm just measuring the resistance at the moment, plucking up the courage (and the time) to follow the directions in the manual to check with the leds.

Is the service checker a worthwhile investment do you think?

Alec
Hi Alec,

What are you trying to do with LED’s? You can’t do anything with them that would be of an advantage for fault finding a thermistor error on K series VRV.

If you do a lot of work on Daikin equipment a service checker if defiantly worth while for checking and fault finding systems (once you're familiar with it).

al
12-02-2010, 11:35 PM
i've ordered up a new pcb, can the leds be used to give real time info pressures etc while unit is running, or is it worth the hassle?

Thanks for the replies VRV

Alec

VRVIII
15-02-2010, 08:34 PM
i've ordered up a new pcb, can the leds be used to give real time info pressures etc while unit is running, or is it worth the hassle?

Thanks for the replies VRV

Alec
Hi Alec,

The outdoor push buttons and LED’s can be used to obtain some basic system info i.e. No. of indoors connected, No. of BS boxes connected and unit auto address etc. But you can not read real time operation data.
On newer 410a units they can also used for fault finding.

In setting mode 2 they are used to adjust outdoor field settings and activate service functions.

al
16-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks VRV, i'm back there next week, i reckon the board should do it.

BTW is it possible to get a service checker with out doing a Daikin course?

Alec

VRVIII
16-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks VRV, i'm back there next week, i reckon the board should do it.

BTW is it possible to get a service checker with out doing a Daikin course?

Alec

Hi Alec,

You can purchase a service checker direct from Daikin or Daikin dealer without attending a course, but be warned the aint cheap at £1000~£1200 :eek: