PDA

View Full Version : What is the Basic Function of a Rapid Purger ?

eng_ab
02-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Hi guys, what is the main fucntion of a rapid purger ? What is the best brand ? and is it ok to be used with ammonia and R22 systems ?

If u r surprised with my questions, i am not a refrigeration eng. :)

chemi-cool
02-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Hi eng_ab,

Read all about it: http://www.parker.com/rs/rspurgerfunc2.html

What is your profession then?

Chemi :)

Superheatman
03-02-2005, 05:49 AM
Hi guys, what is the main fucntion of a rapid purger ? What is the best brand ? and is it ok to be used with ammonia and R22 systems ?

If u r surprised with my questions, i am not a refrigeration eng. :)
Hi...I am familiar with the type of purge systems used on the old R11 centrifugal machines and these seem to carry out a similar function...I would guess from the webpage on view that these are used in ammonia systems as they are talking about "risidual ammonia in the foul gas"..foul gas being the collected noncondensables .....it also talks about units working in a vacuum which would suggest R123...anyway i doubt if these would have any purpose on a R22 system where you would rely on a precharge vacuum of high quality and the regular changing of drier cores as necessary.

shooter
11-06-2006, 07:53 PM
a purger main job is to get the non condensables (non refrigeration gas ) out of the system. when system is running under 0 bar always some leakage will get some air inside or by electric chemical processes .
However watch it as the purger from grasso can not be used in ammonia as it contains copper parts. (they do have version with steel in it.)