PDA

View Full Version : What is the best brand name for refrigeration valves

eng_ab
02-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Hi guys, Am asking for the best manufacturers of refrigeration vavles, industrial and commercial. I also need a good tutorial website for refrigeration fundamentals.

Servicefrigo
03-02-2005, 07:00 AM
You mean expansion valves? try honeywell

ecclesk
03-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Depends on what type of valves your talking about, I have found for industrial Danfoss are good controll valves PM, EVRA, etc. spares are easy to get and tech support is good.
Robinet and Revalco (grasso) both. make good quality shut off and hand regulating valves.

Stay away from Caen ive had nothing but trouble on one of my plants using these valves, we are cutting them out and replacing them with danfoss.

eng_ab
03-02-2005, 04:23 PM
i mean solenoid, strainers, globe and hand valves. I am talking mainly about industrial refrigeration.

ecclesk
03-02-2005, 04:47 PM
You cant go wrong with danfoss solenoid valves & strainers.

revalco (grasso) are the only hand valves we use at moment.

eng_ab
03-02-2005, 04:51 PM
What has better quality? Parker or Danfoss ?

ecclesk
03-02-2005, 05:00 PM
I couldn't say as i have very little experience with parker valves, But 3 of the plants i look after were comissioned 1985-87, big industrial cold store systems and are danfoss throughout (solenoids, strainers, PM valves, etc) and most of the valves are still the originals and Ive had very few problems.

Prof Sporlan
03-02-2005, 05:17 PM
The Prof may be able to comment on the Parker line of industrial valves... once he figures them out... :o

We're nearing our 4 month anniversary of our acquisition by Parker Hannifin

eng_ab
03-02-2005, 05:22 PM
So u r telling me that ur danfoss valves are almost 20 years old ?

eng_ab
03-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Ok Prof Sporlan Tell me about it :). I heard that Parker already bought Sporlan. is that right ?

eng_ab
03-02-2005, 05:25 PM
I am asking about Strainers, Solenoids, hand and globe valves.

Peter_1
03-02-2005, 08:47 PM
The heavy ones or the black with purple dots are the best.

Prof Sporlan
04-02-2005, 04:12 AM
Ok Prof Sporlan Tell me about it :). I heard that Parker already bought Sporlan. is that right ?

That's a fact: http://www.sporlan.com/ParkerSporlan.pdf

And the Prof has been busier than a one-armed paperhanger ever since... :(

750 Valve
10-02-2005, 10:00 AM
The heavy ones or the black with purple dots are the best
:eek: I've found that the ones with the purple dots stick open after full load, defrost, etc.
We subcontracted out the removal of the polka dots and went and fitted new pinstripes and found a 13% increase in performance. :p

s.r wargh
24-03-2005, 06:41 PM
What has better quality? Parker or Danfoss ?
it have to be danfoss

Bones
02-11-2006, 12:59 PM
danfos / sporlan then parker imo

nh3wizard
06-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Parker, Danfoss and Hansen valves all work good for me.

Danfoss has made alot of changes, for the better in my view.

george.waimann
07-11-2006, 12:39 PM
After many years of applying expansion valves I have found the most reliable to be without doubt Sporlan.

George

The MG Pony
07-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I vote Sporlan my self.

KosmisB
22-07-2007, 11:13 PM
www revalco nl

lldelfin67
30-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi,
You can go with hansen

lloydjosang
25-08-2007, 08:26 PM
For Industrial Refrigeration, I've worked with Danvalve/Danfoss, Hansen, Revalco, and R/S Parker.

I like Danfoss for their quality and ease of service. I hate their cheap handwheels and caps.

I like Hansen valves for their handwheels and caps. My personal experience with Hansen is that every time I installed a plant with them one of them ALWAYS leaks.

I like R/S Parker for quality and availability. I don't like their handwheels/caps either. I was never involved with installs using R/S but the company I work for just did a large expansion at a plant in Lynden, WA. and the operating engineer seems to like them very much.
Used some Herl valves in the past but since they were recently bought by R/S Parker availability has been very tough in the U.S. at least.

Revalco... I haven't used them much since they spun off from Grasso as a separate entity, but I found their valve selection from the early-mid 1990's to be a virtual copy of the Danvalve STV type. (I don't know though, maybe Danvalve copied Revalco). Also they seemed to seize the spindle in the body a lot. I think that they have by far the best strainer bodies though, especially when using as liquid pump strainers.

suny
26-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Hi Everybody

Through my practical experience and as an commercial end user for the last 20 years, I have used so many refrigeration controls but out of the lot Danfoss is the best and their services are excellent.

Suny

anand
28-08-2007, 10:28 AM
In my experience of last 15 years , SPORLAN solenoid and Thermostatic Expansions valves are best. For control valve DANFOSS PM / PML / PMLX has no competition. The simply superb. And for hand valves go with Revalco. This wil give you peace of mind for years to come. Some low cost versions of SPORLAN solenoid valves and DANFOSS PM / PML / PMLX are available from local Indian manufacturer also. They also give same performance. I think this prove superb design ability of SPORLAN and DANFOSS.

PaulZ
29-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi eng ab
The company I work for generally use Parker valves, generally they are cheaper and the supplier has them in stock. Danfoss are good valves and do last a long time. The difference betweek the two is Danfoss piston type valves have a piston ring where Parker do not and this is probably one of the reasons Danfoss last longer. The problem we have in Australia is Danfoss here are not all that helpful and don't carry a lot in stock and we have to wait for 4-8 weeks to get them. Not much good if you have a plant with problems. As far as line valves Grasso, Herl or Danfoss are all pretty good. Aword of warning with Danfoss stop check valves they have a bad habit of not shutting off properly every time.

Industrial tech
05-09-2007, 10:28 PM
R/S Parker for me, always available and they uaually last provided they are sized properly. Danfoss to my location is 8-10 weeks delivery which is unacceptable. As for Hansen every one my company ever put in has been removed and replaced with R/S

DeanD
05-09-2007, 11:32 PM
I've always liked Sporlan valves but times change and I've been out of the loop somewhat. Wouldn't it be more correct to compare apples to apples rather than just saying fruit? Say... type of valve etc.

Like which Electronic Expansion Valve performs most consistently? I've No experience with the EEV's... so how well do they control superheat? What if the electronics fail, is it more or less costly to repair and or replace? What about programming... are they proprietary in that way?

brian_chapin
06-09-2007, 01:40 PM
As far as motor controlled valves, I can only offer the following:

We use Hansen and Danfoss motor controlled valves. The Hansen valves are used in makeup applications for our low pressure vessel & intercooler. They were a pain to set up and are ugly as homeade sin but once they were dialed in we have had zero issues. Their controls are in a seperate box and they use a red led display. After eight months we have had not had to touch them at all!

We use Danfoss motor controlled valves on our ice cream freezer suction lines. They are certainly easier to set up (more sensible on valve lcd - very easy to understand) than the hansen. Initially we had a lot of difficulty keeping them calibrated but soon realized that they calibrated themselves on power failure which is quite useful.

One note of caution - make sure these valves are getting the voltage that they expect to get. They get VERY flaky if hooked up to inadequate power supplies.

anand
12-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Can any one tell me about solenoid coils and its quality? We have always faced problems with parker and danfoss coil of frequent burning particularlymoulded ones. Anybody has any information about precautions we should take to avoid the frequent buring of coils?
Regards
Anand

cameron.e
21-09-2007, 09:32 PM
hi guys i would go with danfoss