PDA

View Full Version : static noise from Daikin VRV

wigs
09-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Guys
i was wondering if anyone has any ideas or point me in the right direction.

I recently have installed a Daikin VRV into a recording studio. We have discovered that when the air conditioning inverter drive starts the compressor, static noise can be heard when they are trying to record.

Can anyone give us any advise on what should have been done to have stopped this from happening in the first place?

Is there any thing that i can do to reduce or stop noise transmitting?

Is there something that should have been done when installing the recording equipment to stop noise interference from the air conditioning?

I understand this is an electronics experts job, but as i am the installer i have to do something.

Thermatech
09-02-2010, 09:57 PM
The inverter circuit normally has some kind of noise filter on the incomming power supply.
This is to reduce electrical noise generated at the inverter from getting out into the power supply & affecting other things like your audio equipment.

The quality of any audio equipment is based on the quality of the power supply & the smoothing electronics.

You may be able to install extra power supply noise filter to the ac unit but you would need to get help from an electical / electronics expert who has experiance of harmonics.