PDA

View Full Version : New Year Anything changed

Latte
30-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Hi Guys,

Just looked in and saw no activity on the mobile section, where is everybody :confused:

How are the MTK changes going on ?. It must be nearly a year since Carrier changed the dealer network so they must be due for a change again. Whats going on out there any new developments on the network or the units.

Regards

Fatboy

shogun7
31-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Hi Guys,

Just looked in and saw no activity on the mobile section, where is everybody :confused:

How are the MTK changes going on ?. It must be nearly a year since Carrier changed the dealer network so they must be due for a change again. Whats going on out there any new developments on the network or the units.

Regards

Fatboy
Never thought you'd ask, However It could be OLD Technologyaccording to some in the know :confused:
Spartanburg, SC – 29 March 2004 (PRN): Carrier Commercial Refrigeration (CCR) announces an agreement with Chicago area based XDX Innovative Refrigeration as the exclusive Original Equipment Manufacturer for the energy efficiency and performance enhancement package from XDX®.

Carrier Commercial Refrigeration makes available the line of the revolutionary X-STREAM® and A.R.M.E.D.® technologies from XDX® Innovative Refrigeration in the Carrier Commercial Refrigeration divisions of Beverage-Air, Russell Refrigeration, Cold Zone, Witt Refrigeration, Tyler Refrigeration, Kramer Refrigeration, Kelvinator, and International Cold Storage (ICS) branded refrigeration equipment lines. In an exclusive licensing agreement, Refrigeration Equipment from Food Service equipment to refrigerated and frozen display cases, and from evaporator coils or unit coolers and walk-in storage rooms, to compressorized equipment and equipment for specialty applications is now available with the patented XDX, and is available for nearly every refrigerant and in a wide range of capacities.

Carrier Commercial Refrigeration is a recognized industry leader in the food service, commercial and light industrial refrigeration industry segments, and provides equipment through various methods of distribution. “We are always looking for innovations, such as those from our technology partner XDX®, because we are a company that believes that our engineering advancements raise the mark for our competitors, giving us market advantage,” stated Michael Micak, Senior Product Manager for CCR, “Simply put, Carrier is raising the performance bar.”

The heat transfer process through use of X-STREAM® and A.R.M.E.D.® technologies from XDX Innovative Refrigeration differs from the ordinary inefficient direct–expansion feed of a *****-type refrigerant system in several ways. The process uses a special valve to allow a thin coating of refrigerant to line the entire inside of the evaporator tubing, resulting in rapid removal of heat from the product or conditioned space. Temperatures improve, the system runs less, and equipment performs better in this controlled manner of refrigerant feed.

Reeferjon
01-02-2005, 09:08 PM
:rolleyes:
Ok, slightly off topic but hey-ho!

Ray, what can I say more changes afoot, things are improving though, anyone at TK SMC05 Shannon this year, what about RAC.

nova
14-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Sure is quiet section this mobile one.
Where's all those TK vs Carrier debates? They are totally futile, but so funny! :D

Anything new from Carrier? New units, new technology, new something?
TK claims gaining market share from Carrier during last year (I'm sure Carrier claims the same).

Jon, I'm going to be at Shannon this year. IIRC it's one big <happy> group at this time so maybe we'll see there? :)

-nova

Reeferjon
14-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Nova.
Look forward to seeing you ther, 'happy' family is right ;)
Who's up for a bush fight

Latte
14-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Hi John,

You know me, i am always ready to stir it up a bit so here goes

Carier vector MT is the best unit on the market

Now i have lit the touch paper and am standing WELL back

Regards

Fatboy.

Thought for the day:-
78-826/78-928 Belt or stretchy elastic band ?

Reeferjon
15-02-2005, 08:05 PM
:eek: Thats not a Reefer thats a container thing with a Gen-set strapped to it.
Nah impartiality states.

SL400SRII IS dogs dangly

Reeferjon
15-02-2005, 08:07 PM
78-826/78-928 Belt or stretchy elastic band?

As I recall in 1984 & 2003 they named a pop group after the 78-826
:D

Latte
15-02-2005, 08:51 PM
:eek: Thats not a Reefer thats a container thing with a Gen-set strapped to it.
Nah impartiality states.

SL400SRII IS dogs dangly

Is that the official line from the UK Training manager or just your'e personal interpritation

Regards

Fatboy

Reeferjon
16-02-2005, 06:43 PM
:rolleyes: err let me think, nope, but if I was allowed a personal disposition, that would be it.
:p

nova
16-02-2005, 08:11 PM
As of now, SR-2 is piece of <f>art. It will be number one micro in the market tho, it just needs little work.

Over all SL-400 is excellent unit. Very good heating capacity. Well Vector got huge heating capacity few years ago, but then they released the heater strip campaign and reduced heating capacity from burning to heating ;) :D

I'm surprised Carrier hasn't introduced anything new for ages.

TK has Spectrum TS w/ HMI, SR-2, Cryogenic units, TA-1100, whole new VP unit range...

frank
16-02-2005, 08:38 PM
has Spectrum TS w/ HMI, SR-2, Cryogenic units, TA-1100, whole new VP unit range...

All double dutch to me - sorry Peter :)

Reeferjon
17-02-2005, 06:24 PM
As with most products new to market there are 'design features' to be perfected :D
I think overall though the chassis is not far off (with one very, very minor exception, hehe).

Q.
Who uses Helium for leak test, anyone.
I know about cost implications etc, but be interesting to see who has used it for those hard to trace leaks.

Reeferjon
17-02-2005, 06:27 PM
TK has Spectrum TS w/ HMI, SR-2, Cryogenic units, TA-1100, whole new VP unit range...

w/HMI is Spectum Truck Scroll with Human Machine Interface.

SRII is new SL400e SRII (same controller and interface as Spectrume TS).

TA-1100 is Truck Alternator (best not go there).

And VP is Vehicle Powered small truck new range with new DSR, Direct Smart Reefer.

nova
17-02-2005, 08:08 PM
What comes to the features Spectrum TS beats all the others hands down. The basic design concept of Spectrum TS is to do as long as possible what is't supposed to do: control the cargo temperature. For example compressor temperature control logic, compressor operating pressures control logic etc. Where Car.. eh 'Conventional' unit shuts off when pressures rises, Spectrum TS starts to do all kind of funny things to keep itself running as long as possible. Prevent modes of SpecTS and SR-2 are the features every unit should have nowadays.
These are very good features but the downside is that unit operation logic can be quite complex.

So Reeferjon are you conducting TK trainings in UK?

Reeferjon
17-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeh for my sins!! :o

Latte
17-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Hi Guys,
The thing that has concerned me since the intoduction of the TG5 and SR is that you have to remenber these unis are operated by DRIVERS !!!!!

Now don't get me wrong, i hold a LGV & PCV Licence so am not going to slag them off to much but too many features and the drivers just get lost, lets face it how many times have we all been called out to bleed up a unit because the driver hasn't done something as simple as put fuel in it.

I hope all these "features" are locked in guarded or S/guarded mode. Everything else should be locked into the controller so only TK personel can get into it.

Drivers should only be able to change setpoint and switch the thing on & off. Everthing else should be preset for instance:-
Continuous mode on everything above 0 and auto stop/start on everything below 0.

I sometimes wonder if all these companies try to go too technical in order to show off there units and use them as selling points and lose sight of the actual operating conditions they are used in.

Regards

Fatboy

PS:- John in answer to your'e question earlier in this thread about Helium. Foster's now pressure test all their units with it now, Slightly different i know their systems use about .5kg compared with the 8 or 9 on your'e elastic band things but i have never had one come out of the factory with a leak on it.

nova
18-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Hi Guys,
The thing that has concerned me since the intoduction of the TG5 and SR is that you have to remenber these unis are operated by DRIVERS !!!!!

They are, but drivers don't have to know everything happening behind the scenes. It's enough for the drivers to release that the cargo temp is within the range it is supposed to be.

Now don't get me wrong, i hold a LGV & PCV Licence so am not oing to slag them off to much but too many features and the drivers just get lost, lets face it how many times have we all been called out to bleed up a unit because the drive hasn't done something as simple as put fuel in it.

> Well this is something you can do nothing about it :(

I hope all these "features" are locked in guarded or S/guarded mode. Everything else should be locked into the controller so only TK personel can get into it.

> Features I talked about were from technical point of view. What user sees are much less. Controlling compressor head presssure is something user don't see and cannot change.
As I said, for example;
Carrier: Compressor head pressure too high => Shutdown the unit => say goodbye to cargo..
Thermo King => Compressor head pressure too high => go to low speed. If not success => open condenser inlet solenoid => if still no success; shut down, but restart myself after 15 minutes and try again to maintain the cargo temperature etc etc ...

Drivers should only be able to change setpoint and switch the thing on & off. Everthing else should be preset for instance:-
Continuous mode on everything above 0 and auto stop/start on everything above.

What can I say: OptiSet :)

I sometimes wonder if all these companies try to go too technical in order to show off there units and use them as selling points and lose sight of the actual operating conditions they are used in.

There's absolutely nothing you can argue about that! :D

Best regards,

-nova

EDIT: typo

nova
18-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Yeh for my sins!! :o

Excellent! :)
I've conducted few basic trainings and preparing SR-2 & Multi-Temp training by myself. I might throw few questions for you, if that's ok :)

Reeferjon
23-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Hit me big boy

nova
24-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Hit me big boy

Thanks!
I'll private message, when in a doubt :)