PDA

View Full Version : Whirlpool K40 problem

Mr Jones
05-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi was wondering if anyone can help with this

Fault with ice machine was waterpump burnt out due to no water pressure ...Machine has been standing for 2 months not working

Replaced water pump and water inlet valve got the machine running ...plate is coming to temp , waterpump is pumping water through on to plate so on , hot wire is working ...left it last night producing ice ..but came in this morning and the bin is empty ..up top in pretty hot ...switched it off for 30 minutes started it back up to see what would work , pump is running ..but not onto the plate as it is not going cold now ?..does the ice dial on the back of the machine control this ...Have tried turning to thickest setting to see if it will activate water flow on plate but getting nothing

PITA as it was working fine last night when I left

Any pointers/advice much appreciated

Cheers

Steve

Mr Jones
05-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Forgot to say the plate is going freezing up now with setting turned to thick ice ...and is there way to bypass switch for getting the water valve to switch on as in a mean to test sensor

Another thought came to mind if the sensor in the bin was faulty telling it the bin was full of ice and to stop producing ice how would I test that ?

paul thompson
06-02-2010, 11:10 PM
not being rude , but i would just call out a refrig engineer , these are simple machines to work on if you know what you are doing . i wouldn,t mess around .( thats just good simple honest advice)

1mikeefc1
07-04-2010, 05:22 PM
sounds like the evap stat is faulty!!

simon@parker
13-04-2010, 10:10 PM
if yr pumps running but ya got no water flow theres no water in the machine :confused: prob not filling on a start cycle could be valve or the waters off or even the elecronic contoll board doofer thingy me bob but if no water it aint gonna do owt so turn it off so compressor dont burn out

simon@parker
13-04-2010, 10:11 PM
to test bin stat put a lump of ice on it :)