PDA

View Full Version : Training software

Morph
30-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Hi can anybody point me in the right direction for some cheap simulation/training software similar to Kotza's REFRIBASE.

I am a full time first year student studying for the new RVQ in refrigeration at NCN so the cost of the Kotza software is well beyond my budget.

I have tried searching on the net but to no avail.

Does this mean only Kotza produce this type of software???

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Morph

WebRam
30-01-2005, 09:43 AM
http://www.apalmertraining.com/refrigdesc.htm

this one is $800 = £500

that was the cheapest I could find ............ and I am not sure how good it is

jan behnke
30-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Depends on how honest and morale minded you are but you could get a copy of the kotza CD and make friends with some one in the college IT dept say no more. I would not as it is illegal,l so is speeding?

shogun7
31-01-2005, 12:23 AM
Hi can anybody point me in the right direction for some cheap simulation/training software similar to Kotza's REFRIBASE.

I am a full time first year student studying for the new RVQ in refrigeration at NCN so the cost of the Kotza software is well beyond my budget.

I have tried searching on the net but to no avail.

Does this mean only Kotza produce this type of software???

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Morph

Go here it's very good and reasonable http://www.refrigerationbasics.com/

terrie73
29-03-2005, 08:33 PM
i bought the lot from kotza £730 4 programs and it comes with a dongle to unlock full version on cd which is available from www.kotza.com sign up for the cd which lets you run all programs in demo mode which is pretty good it allows about 30 questions from each program

Morph
30-03-2005, 10:34 AM
i bought the lot from kotza £730 4 programs and it comes with a dongle to unlock full version on cd which is available from www.kotza.com sign up for the cd which lets you run all programs in demo mode which is pretty good it allows about 30 questions from each program

WOW thats a bit on the expensive side for me, but I do have the demo cd and as you say it is very good.

But £730 dont know if its that good!!

Anybody got a cheap dongle for sale LOL ;)

frank
30-03-2005, 11:39 AM
I am a full time first year student studying for the new RVQ in refrigeration at NCN

What does the RVQ stand for?

I've heard of the National Vocational Qualification

frank
30-03-2005, 11:58 AM
When the liquid outlet valve is closed, it is quite normal for the HP to increase while compressor pump-down is underway.

True
or
False?

This is one of the questions from the Kotza site - whats your view?

Morph
30-03-2005, 12:22 PM
What does the RVQ stand for?

I've heard of the National Vocational Qualification

Hi Frank....the RVQ stands for 'Related Vocational Qualification' and is the replacement for the old NVQ.

Its a 2 year course as opposed to the one year NVQ, the idea of the first year is to give students who are not employed in refrigeration some initial qualification to take to prospective employers and at least get a foot in the door.

The second year can only be completed if you are employed in the refrigeration trade and is on a day release basis where students must complete a portfolio, similar to what was required by the old NVQ.

Hope this answers your question.
Regards Morph

Morph
30-03-2005, 12:41 PM
When the liquid outlet valve is closed, it is quite normal for the HP to increase while compressor pump-down is underway.

True
or
False?

This is one of the questions from the Kotza site - whats your view?

On first glance I would say logically that it would be true, you keep pumping the stuff in there and the pressure keeps going up and up.

HOWEVER the answer is FALSE because no matter how much liquid is in the receiver saturated conditions exsist, so the pressure cannot increase during pumpdown.

Am I correct??

Regards Morph

chemi-cool
30-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi Morph,

Yes you are right, but not completely.
When the pressure starts to drop on the suction side, no more heat is rejected, the fans still working, so temp and pressure start to drop, not much though.

Chemi :)

frank
30-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Good answer Chemi but I think the question only relates to a properly charged system and is mis-leading.

consider the real world where the system may be over charged :)

there are other questions on the web site with likewise mis-leading questions that have more than one answer :rolleyes:

Abe
30-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Chem

Your new avatar has a picture of an iceberg

Me thinks you are missing England too much !!

No worries, you welcome to come back anytime!!!
:)

Abe
30-03-2005, 11:43 PM
ooops...............sorry for detracting from the serious questioning and answer sessions........

I always tend to yawn during these "periods"

Reminds me of my old technical drawing teacher at secondary school.

Anytime, anyone so much as yawned............it was up to the front of the class and was caned. Hes justification that a " yawn" was indicative of non interest in the proceedings of the course

Needless to say, I feared him like the plague.

I will always remember him saying to me, " Abe, when I talk about work, you yawn, " if" I talk about girls, your ears will flap !!!