PDA

View Full Version : Evaporator

trieuphu
04-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Need help to find out that what is symtoms/condition if someone for any reason interchanges low temp and medium temp evaporator in walk in cooler and walk in freezer. Thanks

David

trieuphu
04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Here is the problem:
LSF090 evaporator is being used as a medium temp walk in cooler (40F)and is compressed by LMH100H22 condensing unit. TXV is constantly hunting and compressor also cycles on/off too quick.

On the other hand, LSC090AK is used as a low temp evaporator in walk in freezer and is compressed by MLH200L44 (404A) condensing unit . Box temperature can't go down pass 10 degree Fahreheit.

I think evaporators had been swapped in the past for some reason.

Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks

trieuphu
04-02-2010, 06:29 PM
I forget one important fact that is the walk in cooler (medium temp) system does not have a liquid line solenoid and room control thermostat.

Thanks again.

lowcool
05-02-2010, 12:21 AM
dont know about your specs but it sounds as though the tx is stuffed or your orifice is restricted

indian
12-02-2010, 08:28 PM
If your chill has no solenoid and no thermostat what is controlling the temperature - compressor LP switch? And the old rule of thumb how long has it been installed and did it genuinely manage to acheive temperature in the past? If it did the evaps aint the problem.

trieuphu
12-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Indian,

I have been told the walk- in -cooler never work correctly and recently, compressor had been replaced. On top of that, LAC- Low ambient control valve was disconnected and removed out of the condensing unit. That is the reason why I got the job and have tried to scoup the brain of the RE member.

powell
12-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Here is the problem:
LSF090 evaporator is being used as a medium temp walk in cooler (40F)and is compressed by LMH100H22 condensing unit. TXV is constantly hunting and compressor also cycles on/off too quick.

On the other hand, LSC090AK is used as a low temp evaporator in walk in freezer and is compressed by MLH200L44 (404A) condensing unit . Box temperature can't go down pass 10 degree Fahreheit.

I think evaporators had been swapped in the past for some reason.

Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks

Hmmmm, someone was a bit confused during the installation. Possibly a DIYer?

First, you must swap the evaps. The LSC will not work properly in a freezer, it has no defrost heaters.

The LSF will work in a cooler application, just add 15% to the rated capacity, 9000 x 1.15 = 10,350. But that is a moot point in this case.

Swap the evaps, get the controls in order and you will have two matched systems. Now, whether the're sized properly for the box size is another question.