PDA

View Full Version : Refco expansion valve tool

marc5180
02-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Does anyone know where i can get hold of one of these?

They are used for checking EEV's whereby they can be manually opened or closed.

On a Sanyo unit that i've been working I've been working on a sanyo unit and in the manual it says to use this tool but i can't find anywhere that sells it.

Quality
02-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Javac UK is the usual source for Refco stuff

marc5180
02-02-2010, 09:46 PM
I couldn't see it on their site so i've sent them an email,

Thanks

Grizzly
03-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Hi Mark.
Let us know how you get on will you?
After reading your thread I downloaded their Complete Catalogue.
Nothing there as you say!
Grizzly

marc5180
03-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Well i spoke to sanyo today and managed to get a refco part number.

I spoke to Javac and they had one in stock and are sending it to me.
I'll let you know if it fits the EEV's since they are a handy tool to have.

Brian_UK
03-02-2010, 10:42 PM
If not at least it will something to talk about down the pub :D

marc5180
06-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Well i received the solonoid valve magnet on friday and it looks like the 1 i already have for manually lifting solonoid valve heads but.... took it to site this morning and found that it fits.

I compared it to my other solonoid magnet and whereas that magnet is 15mm this is 18mm so happy days:)

Brian_UK
06-02-2010, 10:12 PM
All that for a magnet ! I thought we were going to get some magic gizmo here Marc, ;)

Could have got them at HRP etc. I've had two sizes and before anyone pases comment I'm talking about the magnets. :D

marc5180
06-02-2010, 10:16 PM
I've asked 3 different companies before and have always been told they only do one size......magic trick to follow:)

HRP... you could have told me Brian...that was the one company i didn't try

VRVIII
06-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Well i received the solonoid valve magnet on friday and it looks like the 1 i already have for manually lifting solonoid valve heads but.... took it to site this morning and found that it fits.

I compared it to my other solonoid magnet and whereas that magnet is 15mm this is 18mm so happy days:)
Hi Marc,

Have you tested the expansion valve magnet? How much was it? The standard solenoid valve magnets will not operate an expansion valve, they are very different.
The expansion valves come with 4 different sizes of stem, I’m sure daikin also sell a complete set of 4 expansion valve magnets as a service tool.

marc5180
07-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi VRVIII,
I haven't tested that it works yet but i checked that it fitted over the head on a similar sanyo unit yesterday and it did.

It cost £15 plus postage from Javac UK and is the exact one that is in the Sanyo service manual.

VRVIII
07-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Hi VRVIII,
I haven't tested that it works yet but i checked that it fitted over the head on a similar sanyo unit yesterday and it did.

It cost £15 plus postage from Javac UK and is the exact one that is in the Sanyo service manual.
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the info, let us know how you get on when you get a chance to test it :D
How does the Sanyo manual tell you open the valve? By turning the magnet on valve stem or just by placing the magnet onto the stem?

One thing I have found when using these magnets is when fully closing EV by turning you can’t feel any extra resistance when valve is closed. This seems to result in over tightening of the valve and it can stick in closed position, you sometimes need to use the unit EV coil to release it.
The magnets aren’t as strong as the EV coil/motor, there are very strong EV magnets available from Japan but these range from £80 to £100 each depending on size :eek:

marc5180
07-02-2010, 03:50 PM
In the manual it says the following;

"Use the special service magnet and rotate 5 revolutions clockwise to fully close the valve.
Then start the unit and measure the temperatures at the inlet and outlet tubes of the electric expansion valve. If the temperature difference is large, the valve is closed.
Then rotate 5 revolutions counterclockwise to open the
valve. Operation is normal if the temperature difference between the 2 tubes drops"

I'll let you know if it works:)

kanchi
23-05-2010, 03:54 PM
daikin cararog
vrviii
Cenik 2009