PDA

View Full Version : Whirlpool Ice maker K40 help!!

matthewthirlwel
01-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi
I have replaced the cutter grid as it was broken with wires snapped I thought that would be it- Then still no pwer to grid so changed Transformer that supplies power to the cutting grid -still nothing
There is a white plastic cylinder that looks like a capacitor. this is where the power lead for the transformer comes out of as well as a live for the on/off switch- what is this and can they fail on one side (the transformer supply) while still being able to supply the on power if its not this what else can I look at for my problem to be solved
Any help gratefully received
Cheers
Matt

fridge doctor
02-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Have you checked for mains voltage at the transformer, and low voltage coming out? It's a while since I worked on one, but isn't what you refer to as perhaps a capacitor, actually an in-line fuse? not sure.

matthewthirlwel
02-02-2010, 08:52 AM
yes no supplt to transformer on going in/out. The White cylinder is mounted vetrically its about an inch high with 4 spade connectors at the top with 3 lives(two are joined on same connector) and 2 blue connected

Andy W
02-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Check the fuse at the side of the thermostats on the back of the machine.

danielch
02-02-2010, 04:39 PM
hi andy
can you please mail me the address to post a question?/?
thanks in advance daniel
daniel.chen@012.net.il

matthewthirlwel
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
If that had blown wouldn't that cut power to everything?
the machine runs and freezes just no power to cutting grid
Thanks

Andy W
02-02-2010, 04:59 PM
From memory the fuse powers the transformer, i keep a box of them on the van as they can blow when the cutting grid wires break.

fridge doctor
02-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Forgot about that, little RS type knurled fuse on the back of the machine... I'm sure you are right.

matthewthirlwel
10-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Forgot about that, little RS type knurled fuse on the back of the machine... I'm sure you are right.
No
that's not it its the white suppresor not that fuse
Thanks for trying anyway