PDA

View Full Version : Mitsi Heavy Industries multi unit problem

r0ss
01-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Ive never used this manufacturer before but went to fire up 2 units off 1 condenser (model FDCP408HES3B) today and got a bit stumped.

We had a couple of guys pump down and reposition 2 units. They have connected it all back together but it was my job to vac it and put the gas back in today.

After i opened the valves i switched the test mode dip switch and went downstairs to see how they were working in both heating and cooling. They were working the nuts. So back to the condenser i went to switch it off test and pack my gear up.

Final checks of the units before i went i turned the units on at the local remote however the units wouldnt kick in either heating or cooling.

As the test mode proved everything worked very well, i dont really know what it could be as i work mainly on the city multi / daikin vrvs

Hopefully someone has experienced something like this before so i can go armed tomorrow with a bit more knowledge.

Cheers guys

Brian_UK
01-02-2010, 06:53 PM
A test mode may well override remote controller faults.

Have all the pipes and connecting cables been fitted to the correct units and terminals?

r0ss
01-02-2010, 08:30 PM
As far as im aware cables were marked and put in exactly the same terminals as before they got repositioned.

The fact it runs in test mode fine points towards a remote control issue. I put it into test mode again after and tried switching the units off at the local remote - but to no avail. So clearly the test mode was overriding the controller and any faults it has.

On the main unit it comes with a optional extra 6 pin plug with 6 terminal blocks to attach the remote wiring. Ive been told this is for the BMS/fire alarm and is connected to 1 and 6 with 2,3,4 and 5 not in use. Going by the wiring diagram 1 is a permanent feed whilst 6 is the switch.

nike123
02-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Here is manual, Check and recheck your wiring and Dip switch settings on both indoor and outdoor unit.
http://www.mhi-russia.ru/files/707.aspx

r0ss
02-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks a lot, Nike123

Ill be heading down to site tomorrow with the manual.

Again, thank you very much.

Hopefully one day i can learn enough and gather enough information to help others out on this site

tonyh
03-02-2010, 10:59 AM
If you are using wired remotes you will need to set time and day before they will operate.

Brian_UK
03-02-2010, 07:07 PM
If you are using wired remotes you will need to set time and day before they will operate.
I hate it when things are that simple. :D