PDA

View Full Version : Trade waste

sparkatan
01-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Did you know that if you are self employed and work from home, by law, you cannot dispose of business related documents, mail envelopes or any thing trade related via your household waste.
You have to have a contract with a Trade Waste disposal company. Even if it is for just a couple of envelopes a month!
This will also include such as self-employed, financial advisors etc, etc if they work from home.
There is a £300 fixed penalty for non-compliance or an unlimited fine if it ends up in court.

If the H&E Enforcement Team pull your vehicle over, you will get a 'producer' giving you 14 days to prove you have a contract. If you haven't, you pay £300.

Brian_UK
01-02-2010, 07:03 PM
It's such fun working in the UK isn't it ?

Quality
01-02-2010, 07:37 PM
It's such fun working in the UK isn't it ?

Its not just working in the uk Its the uk full stop my wheely bin did not get emptied last week - they put a sticker on it saying it was to full as the lid was slightly lifted, any way goes down to the waste public disposal site and they don`t let vans in without a permit. I was furious :(

cadwaladr
01-02-2010, 07:44 PM
is this right my mate has a business not from home he has no contract,are you sure of this thru experience?.

fowlie
01-02-2010, 07:45 PM
buy one of them garden rubbish incinerator and burn it all,that will get up the council talibans noses

Quality
01-02-2010, 07:47 PM
is this right my mate has a business not from home he has no contract,are you sure of this thru experience?.

Not sure if your question was to myself but no I do not run my business from home:)

cadwaladr
01-02-2010, 10:08 PM
no sparkatan,

nevgee
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
So true ....."The law stipulates that a charge must be made for trade waste
collection, whether by a local authority directly or by a contractor, whereas domestic waste
collection is free and provided as a service by a local authority.
It is also illegal for businesses operated from "home" to place their waste in with domestic rubbish,
despite the fact that many such businesses are likely to be architects, graphic designers or in
similar trades producing the sort of waste that is of low volume and non hazardous...." Quote from Federation of Small Business's

Write to your MP and get them to get off their backsides and do some thing for the home worker.

nevgee
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
The Hazardous Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2005 and the Hazardous Waste (Wales) Regulations 2005 were amended on 6 April 2009 and 18 November 2009 respectively. This principally widened the scope of the exemption from hazardous waste producer registration:

All types of premises that produce hazardous waste are now exempt from registration if no more than 500kg of hazardous waste is produced in a year.
More details on registrations can be found on
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/business/topics/waste/32198.aspx

ie 'Premises Code' not needed.

cadwaladr
01-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Did you know that if you are self employed and work from home, by law, you cannot dispose of business related documents, mail envelopes or any thing trade related via your household waste.
You have to have a contract with a Trade Waste disposal company. Even if it is for just a couple of envelopes a month!
This will also include such as self-employed, financial advisors etc, etc if they work from home.
There is a £300 fixed penalty for non-compliance or an unlimited fine if it ends up in court.

If the H&E Enforcement Team pull your vehicle over, you will get a 'producer' giving you 14 days to prove you have a contract. If you haven't, you pay £300.so if your an mp working from his second home?if these cuckoo,s stop me then i will have no waste ,paid by bacs online invoicing for all my suppliers all parts sold to customers packaging the lot,anything thats left i hoard.

sparkatan
10-02-2010, 03:04 PM
so if your an mp working from his second home?if these cuckoo,s stop me then i will have no waste ,paid by bacs online invoicing for all my suppliers all parts sold to customers packaging the lot,anything thats left i hoard.

Nope, sorry, that won't work. I tried it.
Anyone running a business from home must have a trade waste disposal contract.
This can be an invoice for disposal of your business waste but you will need them on a regular basis. If stopped, they will ask you for the last 12 months Invoices.
Don't confuse this with trade waste from a customer though. If you carry anything other than your own produced waste i.e box your part came in, you will need a Waste carriers Licence!

freezetech
10-02-2010, 06:34 PM
all mobile self employed people need to register for a trade waste license to carry their own waste two contractors around my way where stoped by the epa and did not have one they impounded their vans and had a nice fine and had to pay to get their vans back and pay for the license