PDA

View Full Version : Daikin fault codes

Chris2005
27-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Hi there.

Does anyone out there have the fault codes for daikin units
i have no problems so far but i have started to service alot of them lately and would like to have the info if needed nothing worse than the customer asking what it means and you dont no..

Thanks.

rbartlett
27-01-2005, 07:34 AM
hers some

DAIKIN MALFUNCTION CODES
Code Place Description
AO Indoor Error of external protection device
A1 Indoor PCB defect
A3 Indoor Malfunction of drain Level control system
A5 Indoor Freeze-up prevention
A6 Indoor Fan motor lock, Overload
A7 Indoor Malfunction of swing motor flap
A9 Indoor Malfunction of EEV
AF Indoor Drain level above limit (clogging)
AJ Indoor Malfunction of capacity set device
C3 Indoor Malfunction of drain thermistor
C4 Indoor Malfunction of liquid pipe thermistor
C5 Indoor Malfunction of gas pipe thermistor
C7 Indoor Lower louvre limit switch/motor
C9 Indoor Malfunction of air thermistor
CC Indoor Malfunction of moisture sensor
CA Indoor Malfunction of discharge air thermistor
CJ Indoor Malfunction of remote control thermistor
CE Indoor Malfunction of radiant heat sensor
E0 Outdoor Activation of outdoor safety device
E1 Outdoor PCB defect
E3 Outdoor Activation of high pressure switch
E4 Outdoor Activation of low pressure switch
E5 Outdoor Activation of compressor over heat protection
E5 Outdoor Compressor motor lock
E6 Outdoor Compressor start up error
E6 Outdoor Standard compressor lock/overcurrent
E7 Outdoor Fan motor lock, Overload
E8 Outdoor Inverter input overcurrent
E9 Outdoor Malfunction of EEV
EA Outdoor Four way valve defective.
F3 Outdoor Abnormal discharge pipe temperature
F6 Outdoor Refrigerant overcharged
FC Outdoor Low pressure drop.
H3 Outdoor High pressure switch defect
H4 Outdoor Low pressure switch defect
H6 Outdoor Compressor motor position detection sensor error
H7 Outdoor Fan motor position detection sensor error
H8 Outdoor Current transformer error
H9 Outdoor Malfunction of air thermistor
J1 Outdoor Malfunction of pressure sensor
J2 Outdoor Current sensor malfunction
J3 Outdoor Malfunction of discharge pipe thermistor
J4 Outdoor Low pressure saturation thermistor
J5 Outdoor Malfunction of suction pipe thermistor
J6 Outdoor Malfunction of heat exchanger thermistor
J7 Outdoor Malfunction of heat exchanger liquid thermistor
J8 Outdoor Malfunction of liquid pipe thermistor
J9 Outdoor Malfunction of gas pipe thermistor
JA Outdoor Malfunction of discharge pipe pressure sensor
JC Outdoor Malfunction of suction pipe pressure sensor
JH Outdoor Malfunction of oil temperature sensor
L0 Outdoor Malfunction of inverter
L3 Outdoor Electronic component box overheat
L4 Outdoor Inverter cooling defect
L5 Outdoor Comp motor ground fault, Short circuit
L6 Outdoor Compressor motor grounding/short circuit
L7 Outdoor Total input overcurrent
L8 Outdoor Comp overload, Motor disconnected
L9 Outdoor Compressor lock
LA Outdoor Power unit malfunction
LC Outdoor Transmission between inverter & outdoor
P1 Outdoor Inverter over ripple
P3 Outdoor Thermistor abnormality
P4 Outdoor Power unit humidity sensor malfunction
PJ Outdoor Failure of capacity set resistor
U0 System Shortage of refrigerant or EEV failure
U1 System Negative phase, Open phase
U2 System Power supply insufficient
U3 System Wiring check operation not executed
U3 System Mismatch of indoor and outdoor units (Split only)
U4 System Transmission between indoor units
U5 System Transmission to remote controller
U6 System Malfunction transmission outdoor to BP unit
U7 System Transmission between outdoor units
U7 Outdoor Malfunction between outdoor boards(RMX/RX RK)
U8 System Transmission between master & slave R/C
U9 System Transmission error between indoor to outdoor
UA System Excessive number of fancoils
UC System Address duplication of central controllers
UE System Transmission error between indoor & central
UF System Refrigeration system not set/wiring - piping
UF System Terminals 1 and 3 crossed (Split/Skyair)
UH System System error, Refrigeration system set up
M1 System PCB defect
M8 System Transmission error between central controllers
MA System Improper combination of optional controllers
MC System Address duplication, Improper setting
64 VAM Indoor unit air thermistor error
65 VAM Outside air thermistor error
68 VAM
6A VAM Damper system alarm
6A VAM Damper system and thermistor error
6F VAM Malfunction of remote controller
6H VAM Malfunction of door switch or connector
94 VAM Internal transmission error
Grey fault codes, system still runs, but check ASAP

cheers

richard

frank
27-01-2005, 08:58 PM
And if you are working on the VRV, here's a link to the centralised controller and fault codes. A handy guide :) http://www.daikinac.com/pdf/op_manual/DCS302C71.pdf

Chris2005
28-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the codes they will be very handy at least a wont have to stand there looking puzzled if i see them on the screen..

cheers..

kipetkov
03-07-2007, 05:21 PM
i need some help about Daikin Split unit.I had replace a PCB on the outdoor unit with the same setting which were on the old one ( visual).After starting i got a fault "PJ" ( PJ Outdoor Failure of capacity set resistor ).Can someone tell me how to solve that problem.Thanks in advance.

basti
03-07-2007, 06:04 PM
i need some help about Daikin Split unit.I had replace a PCB on the outdoor unit with the same setting which were on the old one ( visual).After starting i got a fault "PJ" ( PJ Outdoor Failure of capacity set resistor ).Can someone tell me how to solve that problem.Thanks in advance.

What is the outdoor unit type?.
You have to set Capacity Adapter to PCB which tells outdoor unit 'size'. (Spare parts PCB don't have 'size' settings in it.)

Hopefully this helps.

Brian_UK
03-07-2007, 06:18 PM
The replacement PCB should have been supplied with a small plug and wire loop which needs to be fitted to the PCB in accordance with the instructions with the board.

This sets the capacity of the unit.

airconadam
03-07-2007, 10:10 PM
inormally just use the new daikin text service text them the fault code and they reply within seconds excellent or even better ring them if your confused good luck

adam

kipetkov
04-07-2007, 05:59 AM
THanks for the fast replay.With the PCB have not arrive with a plug i checked few times.The model number is : RYEP100L7W1.Is that mean that i need just to plug it in and it will start working or there is another steps which have to be done? Thanks in Advance.

The Viking
04-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Look at the boards side by side, on the original board you will find a plug that's not on the new board (normally it's a plug with a looped cable in it but there are other versions, just a plug with internal short, the cable replaced by a resistor are the ones that springs to mind).

Then just move the plug across.

frank
04-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Look at the boards side by side, on the original board you will find a plug that's not on the new board (normally it's a plug with a looped cable in it but there are other versions, just a plug with internal short, the cable replaced by a resistor are the ones that springs to mind).

I've had this many times on replacement indoor boards but never on an outdoor board?? :confused:

Brian_UK
04-07-2007, 09:01 PM
I've had this many times on replacement indoor boards but never on an outdoor board?? :confused:Had it on the last one I swapped last year.

Forgot all about it until I powered it up and got the fault code.

Found the capacity plug taped to the underside of the packing neatly stuck to the bubble wrap :)

kipetkov
05-07-2007, 08:19 PM

Then just move the plug across.
I checked- nothing.Most probably the company installed has removed them from the unit if there is or the DAIKIN company miss to fit one in the box.
Is that mean that i can just a normal cable to brige it or there is a special resistor in that plug?.Maybe my ? are stupid but DAIKIN are not the one which i use to services them) i dont know nothing about them ).Thanks in advance .
P.s.-if someone can tell me the step by step what i have to do.Friday is the last day.Its in the school with sick childrens.

Contactor
05-07-2007, 09:25 PM
just changed a board on vrv k series, just changed capacity setting / ch setting and worked fine

basti
08-07-2007, 08:09 PM
just changed a board on vrv k series, just changed capacity setting / ch setting and worked fine

Mostly VRV's PCB have built-in dip switches which can change HP settings but Sky-Air is different story. If you can borrow somewhere right capacity settings adapter you can measure it and put resistor with right omhs that 'simulate' original part.

kipetkov
10-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Finaly i went to the supplier and i got the proper plug for the PCB.Now the unit works fine.Thanks to everyone

Brian_UK
10-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Glad the hear that your problem is resolved.

Shame that you were not supplied with the correct parts at the start.

JPORDUDE
19-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi, I have a default code E4:Outdoor Activation of Low Pressure Switch. Can anyone tell me what this means?

aoe
19-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Can someone please help me. Have installed dakin 8kw reverse cycle split sytem in australia. code is U2 Power supply insufficient. Still registers 235 volts. outdoor Fan starts up for about 30 secs then when compressor starts to kick in it shuts down showing u2 fault even though voltage is correct.

davej
19-07-2007, 05:01 PM
hi frank dont know if anyone else has tried but i cant get to that page from the hyper link!!

is it me?

The Viking
19-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Re the U2 error question from AOE

Can someone please help me. Have installed dakin 8kw reverse cycle split sytem in australia. code is U2 Power supply insufficient. Still registers 235 volts. outdoor Fan starts up for about 30 secs then when compressor starts to kick in it shuts down showing u2 fault even though voltage is correct.http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/misc/progress.gif

Disconnect the lead from the compressor and try and run the system without the compressor.
If it works OK or flag up a different code then reconnect the compressor (after you killed the power) and try to run it again, this time measure the voltage on the terminals of the compressor as it tries to start (Note: Use a good quality meeter, otherwise there is a risk of false readings, see other treads on this matter).

If the voltage by the compressor drop when the compressor is starting then you are looking for a poor connection somewhere. If you get the U2 error when the compressor is disconnected, then you are looking at something with the controls.

Brian_UK
19-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi, I have a default code E4:Outdoor Activation of Low Pressure Switch. Can anyone tell me what this means?Sounds like the low pressure switch has reacted to a low pressure in the system.

Brian_UK
19-07-2007, 08:01 PM
hi frank dont know if anyone else has tried but i cant get to that page from the hyper link!!

is it me?The link is 2 years old, Daikin have probably changed their site since then.

Try searching their website for the info.

frank
19-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Can someone please help me. Have installed dakin 8kw reverse cycle split sytem in australia. code is U2 Power supply insufficient. Still registers 235 volts. outdoor Fan starts up for about 30 secs then when compressor starts to kick in it shuts down showing u2 fault even though voltage is correct.

Check the size of the mains wiring. It is no good relying on a voltage reading when there is no load applied. Volt drop can cause a U2 error. Always take a voltage reading when the unit is running.

frank
19-07-2007, 09:18 PM
The link is 2 years old, Daikin have probably changed their site since then.

Try searching their website for the info.

Thanks Brian :)

brunstar
24-11-2007, 01:45 AM
e mail me at -
The E mail address is removed - please contact him via the PM facility -
and i will send them to you..

Hi there.

Does anyone out there have the fault codes for daikin units
i have no problems so far but i have started to service alot of them lately and would like to have the info if needed nothing worse than the customer asking what it means and you dont no..

Thanks.

BJ USHER
12-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I Have Found That When The Error Code E4 Comes Up Normally On A New Unit(installation) The Remedy To The Fault Is Just By Double Checking That The Prssure Transducer Is Connected Securly As It Does Come Dislodged When You Accidently Brush It With Your Hand After Removing You Gauges From A Vacum I Have Been Caught Out Like That Before

koy
25-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I have a unit that I personally have not seen, Unit Model = FTXS25D2 with fault code = A6 Fan motor, Lock/Overload. The blades for the fan run freely, no blokages or grating. Should I just replace the part or could it be fixed? Also could anyone offer me the schematic diagram or tell me how easy it is to pull the fan motor out of the unit. The reason I ask is the cliant is not local so I need to prepare in advance and never changed the fan motor in this unit before.

Thank you in advance if anyone can provide me with some info.

Cheers.

basti
25-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Possible reasons :
1) Faulty fan motor.
2) Faulty indoor unit's P.C.B.
3) Fan motor cable broken or not connected (S1 connector on the P.C.B)..

koy
25-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Possible reasons :
1) Faulty fan motor.

Hmm, the unit once switched on calls for the outdoor unit and starts to cool/heat with compressor running and the indoor coil cooling/heating but indoor fan motor dosn't start, 60secs later unit shuts down to protect unit.

Dose this still sound like a PCB Fault and how can I make a check for sure? How can I check the PCB?

Brian_UK
25-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Hmm, the unit once switched on calls for the outdoor unit and starts to cool/heat with compressor running and the indoor coil cooling/heating but indoor fan motor dosn't start, 60secs later unit shuts down to protect unit.

Dose this still sound like a PCB Fault and how can I make a check for sure? How can I check the PCB?
Koy,

This is the service manual for that model, start at page 152 for your A6 fault code.

http://www.daikinac.com/residential/documents/july07/SiUS09-651%20RA%20RXS__DVJU%20Systems%20Service%20Manual.pdf

There are other manuals on the Daikin site if you want...
http://www.daikinac.com/residential/docsService_SkyAir.asp?sec=docs&page=39

kin
02-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Brian the 2 links you have put up are very useful...thanks................but do you know if daikin do a manual (Like your first link) for there FUQ-B range iv had a look around the web and there site's but im unable to find anything like that one ???? any help please thanks

davej
03-09-2008, 06:51 AM
i may have the book you need, its a pdf, version if you let me have an email address i will email to you.

fridge doctor
03-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Possible reasons :
1) Faulty fan motor.

I have to say that in my opinion the most likely fault here is that of a failed indoor fan motor capacitor. Value will be between 0.7 and 1.2 microfarad . It will be soldered to the PCB and should be obvious. It is not a difficult job to de-solder and change... You may even be able to attach miniature croc leads and connect a new one first before de-soldering.
Good luck
Trevor

kin
03-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks davej e-mail address sent

manender
05-03-2009, 08:30 AM
hi,

u2 means system power insufficient.

nicolai
03-06-2010, 02:25 AM
hi, on the daikin i was servicing the F3 code was showing and I stopped the unit because of refrigeration leak which has been fixed now, but it keeps showing F3. does anyone know how to reset the unit? thanks

WJA
11-08-2010, 05:46 AM
We have a 9 year old FTXD50JVEA which has an H6 fault code. Developed identical problem / symptoms under warranty. Compressor wouldn't run, but turned out to be the board. Took 7 visits before they worked it out.
History repeats now, but all personalities and records have gone.
Any thoughts / suggestions?
The engineer is surprised he is getting no output current from the compressor, even if it is not running.
What sort of Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) are companies like Daikin working on for boards, compressors and fans. We use for heating only, 2 months of the year, and only in the evening, so running only 18 months out of nine years. Are we unlucky or is this normal?

regcooldude
09-07-2011, 04:27 PM
anybody ever had an F4 fault on a daikin vrv 3 ? any info please ?

install monkey
09-07-2011, 04:59 PM
the only thing i found was this

“F4” Outdoor Unit: Humidity alarm
Remote
Controller
DisplayF4
Applicable

Models
RQYQ-PY1

PQEQ-PY1

Method of

Malfunction

DetectionThe condition of the liquid refrigerant returning to the compressor is detected by the

temperature and pressure of any part during the cooling operation.

Malfunction

Decision

Conditions

When the following humidity condition continues for 30 minutes

Supposed

Causes

��

Faulty suction pipe thermistor

��

Faulty discharge pipe thermistor

��

Defect of high pressure sensor

��

Defect of indoor unit electronic expansion valve

��

Contamination

regcooldude
10-07-2011, 04:19 PM
thanks for that. bit of an head scratcher

vac-man
22-10-2011, 12:06 PM
hey guys any one got info on DAIKIN RSEYP10K7W1?

pere
21-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Hey guys any one can help me to fix U4 error code of daikin inverter?

pere
21-03-2012, 02:47 PM
i may have the book you need, its a pdf, version if you let me have an email address i will email to you.

could you pls. send me the pdf

install monkey
21-03-2012, 09:40 PM
start a new thread and quote the model number-and dont post your e mail onsite,members can access it if req in your home page- click on a thread-in this case air conditioning,then click to start a new post-normally members upload manuals via rapidshare

r.bartlett
21-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Hey guys any one can help me to fix U4 error code of daikin inverter?

if you pay the travel :-)