PDA

View Full Version : 12V Waeco fridge wont start up?

yankeebloke
30-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi All

I have just bought a second hand boat and it has a Waeco 12VDC CR65 fridge in it.

On turn on, the compressor will not start at all.

I do not get a error light, but the compressor or fan will not start up at all.

I have 13.8VDC going into the electronics box at the back but, nothing else seems to happen.

I do not have and cant find any wiring diagram to see what is what, i would like to try to short out the thermostat to see if that works,

Can anybody help or make any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance

John

Brian_UK
30-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Waeco info is limited but..

http://www.waeco.com/en/3606.php

and from Danfoss some wiring..

http://rc.danfoss.com/TechnicalInfo/literature/manuals/06/bd35f_r134a_12-24vdc_06-2006_ed100d202.pdf

have fun with the new fun.

NH3LVR
31-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Enjoy the new toy. Power or Sail?
Now, unless it is an Ammonia system on a vessel, my knowledge of marine refrigeration is limited, very limited.
However my Niece purchased a sailboat a few years ago and I went over the boat checking things before our first trip.
She asked me to turn on the refrigeration, which used a 12V compressor and a cold plate (no fan).
Nothing, and I mean nothing happened. (I think the condenser fan ran, but I do not recall for certain).
I picked up the manual and looked at the troubleshooting guide. I discovered that there was no indication that the compressor was running. It suggested I wait for awhile. I did something else for 45 minutes or so and I still heard nothing, but the discharge was warm and the suction cool. Worked fine even if there was no indication it was running.

thebigcheese
31-01-2010, 05:02 PM
can it be switched from 240 to 12v?

RLK
31-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Your unit may have a AC to DC converter ahead of Danfoss unit so check voltage at Danfoss compressor module not where boat’s wiring is connected to power converter. When operating on AC power compressor module will receive 24 volts and when only DC power is available module receives 12 volts.

If thermostat is functioning properly and module is terminating compressor’s start up there will be one electronic beep heard from the Danfoss module.

When a Danfoss BD variable speed compressor fails to start up and reach control speed it will be because the electronic module detects one of the following conditions, Low voltage spike, Fan circuit is drawing more than ½ amp, Control speed is not reached in time, or amperage is excessive. To save yourself some troubleshooting time buy a $2 LED and install it on electronic module’s Small + and D terminals. See Slide show on my wed site for picture of LED installation.

despeculator
26-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Hi this fridge has a control unit part 101N0210.

These can be badly affected by voltage surges and simple stop.
Once they go only a replacement is feasible. Simple 4 wire push change with a plug behind, takes 10 minutes, compressor will run thereafter.

You can fit a diode between + and F to indicate its faulty but you still end up replacing :-(