PDA

View Full Version : polar (crap) uf710 upright commercial freezer

sger9
30-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Hi all. Has anyone got any idea where i might find specs for a polar uf710 upright commercial freezer. I know its a ball of the proverbial, but the owner cant afford a new unit at the mo. Someone was at it allready and changed the comp for a high temp comp and when it wouldnt pull down to temp they calibrated the controller to make it look like it was. Cant find specs anywhere for it cos i want to make sure the right comp or equalivent goes in. Its a 700l unit running on R404 that needs to get to -20c. any help or directions would be appreciated. S.

sger9
30-01-2010, 01:33 AM
By the way, the problem reported to me was not pulling down to temp. designed for -18 to -22. the display was reading -21 but known correct probe read -11. also freezing suction line back to comp with no air flow restriction/icing etc. Recovered refrigerant, 850g. weiged back in reccomended 600g. unit pulled to -16, but still suction line frozen back to comp. Also system cap controlled.

tonyelian
30-01-2010, 06:49 PM
hi
how many watts is power input u can find it in the back
if the suction still freezing back there is too much refrigerant
name &model of the comp
refrigerant kind
more info more help

sger9
04-02-2010, 12:12 PM
prob sortrd. last person changed the comp for a high temp cheapie (fridge) unit and tried to compensate by making it too big. when it wouldnt pull down to temp, he put controller out of calibration to make it look like it was. what a cowboy, he also charged customer €1000 for the "job". anyway, job sorted. took out ball os sh1t comp and replaced with proper one. working perfect. cheers

WCC73
09-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Ive got a problem with one of these on a site.
The customer is complaining of water leaking/freezing inside.There is that much ice there i cant see wether there is a drain line heater or not.
Does anybody know of any suppliers for these pieces of ****e?

coolhibby1875
09-03-2010, 07:39 PM
these are sold by either pentland wholesale or interlevin seen them in 1 of there catalogues today!