PDA

View Full Version : york 5 ton ac low suction line pressure

greenhornBC
29-01-2010, 03:55 AM
hello,

Just installed a czb060 (5ton) york affinity ac system and 5 ton air handler. There is 50ft of lineset.. I added 1 lb 7 oz to compensate for the 50 ft of line. When the ac first fired, it shut off after 4 seconds. I found the low pressure switch to have been tripped. The suction line pressure dropped from 0 lbs, while the high side remained at 200lbs. The system has never been run before this. I recovered the r410 and ran nitrogen through the system to check for any blockages. (Nitrogen was kept at 2 lbs in the lines during brazing). At this point I am being told to switch compressors, since the unit is still under warranty. Any ideas if this sounds correct? I cannot under stand why the compressor cannot draw any refrigerant in. The system has no leaks, and was pressure tested and vac tested.

The bottom half of the compressor started to frost as well. I am positive there are no leaks in the system. The only thing I can think of is there is an area in the suction line where it has 2 90s and 1 45 in a 2 ft section.