PDA

View Full Version : Daikin ftx25 bvmb

al
28-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Folks

I'm looking for a service manual for the above, the extranet doesn't seem to list it.

The unit is faulting on insufficient charge, i have the correct charge in, unit runs for a few hours and trips out.

al

thebigcheese
28-01-2010, 10:09 PM
not sure about the model numbers but had a problem similer turned out the strainer next to expansion device was dirty

al
28-01-2010, 11:21 PM
thanks for that TBC

al

VRVIII
28-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Hi,
I think you will have more luck if you search using the outdoor model number, after all it's an outdoor fault your looking at.

coolhandlew
28-01-2010, 11:37 PM
EEV or actuator possibly faulty

VRVIII
28-01-2010, 11:46 PM
EEV or actuator possibly faulty Or thermistor out of calibration :D

brunstar
29-01-2010, 12:15 AM
EEV or actuator possibly faulty

if you have a UO fault you will want to check the resistance of the discharge thermistor and indoor coil thermistor.
make sure it is still clipped onto the pipe, if the system does not see a rise in discharge temp with the comp running it can faut on this.
Is the unit pumping down?
Then make sure the expansion valve coil has not fallen off.
You should be able to check the expansion valve to see if you have a temperature drop across it.

If it is pumping down change the liquid line filter and expansion valve body.
Look on the extranet under RKS - bvmb

al
29-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Brunstar

Thanks for that, checked the eev coil with another unit and found one circuit open, have swapped coils to see if fault shifts to the other unit, these are real head wreckers!! spose it's why we get paid so much.......:D

thanks

al

Rayshew
03-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Hi Folks We have 4 of these units in our house in Portugal and whilst we use them irregularly, mostly cooling, one of them has always been troublesome. Tried to switch on using the remote and nothing! tried other remotes and still the same. Everything fine when I use the manual settings.
Before I launch into getting the usual rip off merchants over there involved, does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?
Any help would be appreciated,thanks.