PDA

View Full Version : daikin vrv pumpdown!

bigrac
27-01-2010, 05:32 PM
evening all, just to cut a long story short i am refiitting an indoor unit which has had a leak repaired to a vrv system which is back up and running. basically i havent got the model details to hand but its a vrv with expansion unit added! (extra condenser) on R407c! i was hoping to pump as much gas back as possible into the outdoor but how much do you think it can hold until i have to reclaim. system holds 30kg in total, and from what i remember the factory charge was 15kg! any help greatly appreciated!!

El Padre
27-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Hi Bigrac,

Sounds like a K series, you will have to disconnect a solenoid valve whilst the system is running otherwise it will never pumpdown, can't remember if its Y1S or Y3S , if I were you I would abandon the pumpdown idea, put the unit into refrigerant recovery mode and reclaim all of the refrigerant. You can also verify the system charge as well.

Cheers

cool#9
27-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi Bigrac,

Sounds like a K series, you will have to disconnect a solenoid valve whilst the system is running otherwise it will never pumpdown, can't remember if its Y1S or Y3S , if I were you I would abandon the pumpdown idea, put the unit into refrigerant recovery mode and reclaim all of the refrigerant. You can also verify the system charge as well.

Cheers
Hi Bigrac
El Padre is right there's always a hot gas bypass to avoid low pressure at the suction of the compressor... let's say these kind of scroll compressor "do not like" a low pressure below 3 bars, you could lead it down to earth..
AFAIK there's no recovery mode with a K series coupled with an extra condensor...
rgds
cool#9

brunstar
28-01-2010, 11:30 PM
i would not be pumping the unit down if you have additional charge in it.
How much additional charge do you have?

bigrac
01-02-2010, 07:28 PM
cheers for the response guys. i went down your root and decanted the full charge.
i was just clutching at straws hoping i could work around it, as i basically had a 2 hour window to empty the pipes if i wanted to finish same day, due to accessability! (restaurant). as you say aswell, atleast i know the charge is still correct- so no more leaks on the system. strange though that i found 2 indoor coils to have leaks on in near enough the same places. had to cut into the coils to repair as coils/ and or complete indoor units now obsolete and none on shelf. just happy to have this one done with. oh well... keeps me out of freezers
cheers