PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRVII R410a RXYQ16M Heat pump

Peter_1
27-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Does someone have the Service manual for these machines? Daikin VRVII R410a RXYQ16M Heat pump and eventually heat recovery (build 2004)

Peter_1
27-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Master and slave combination.
Tried on daikin.co.uk but only operation manuals.
Problem I had today 1. L8, 2. E6, 3. L9 and 4. L8.
Both stops after the failure and it becomes then of course very quick cold in the offices.
Seems to be the power board of the inverter or the inverter compressor.
I know that in this manual is a guideline how to test the Power PCB on different points (power diodes and transistors) with a digital multimeter.
Compressor earth is OK but I don't know the right values for the windings.

El Padre
27-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Hi Peter,

I have just found it on the Daikin UK website, are you registered on the extranet? The reference is SiE39-302, if not drop me a line.

Cheers

Peter_1
27-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks for your quick reply, I'm unfortunately not registered on their extranet. Think it's a little bit difficult because I'm a Belgium citizen.
I thought I needed the SiE39-404 manual.
Can you post it eventually on an external server?

frank
27-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Peter

Daikin have 2 Extranets - 1 for the UK and one Europe/world.

Try registering with this one http://extranet.daikineurope.com/login.htm

cool#9
27-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi Peter_1 and good evening.
Get there the service manual si39-407 ( MA series )
http://www.mediafire.com/?yjqvybrbiny
Hope this helps
rgds
cool#9

mchild
27-01-2010, 07:58 PM
U.S. version - no log in required:
http://www.daikinac.com/commercial/docsService_VRV.asp?sec=docs&page=39

VRVIII
27-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks for your quick reply, I'm unfortunately not registered on their extranet. Think it's a little bit difficult because I'm a Belgium citizen.
I thought I needed the SiE39-404 manual.
Can you post it eventually on an external server?

Hello Peter,

You need to verify which VRV model you have M7/M8/M9/MA
Ie. RXYQ16M8?

M7 & M8 are almost the same, M9 & MA are almost the same but M7/M8 are very different to M9/MA
M7/M8 service manual ref: Si39-302 / Si39-404
M9/MA service manual ref: Si39-501 / Si39-407A

Problem I had today 1. L8, 2. E6, 3. L9 and 4. L8.

L8 & L9 – Relate to inverter compressor over current, With these errors I would say the compressor is partially seized or poor electrical connection beween inverter board and compressor terminals.

E6 – Relates to standard compressor over current >15a

Hope this helps :).

Peter_1
27-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Wow, what a help guys.
It's an M7, therfore i thought I needed Si39-404
Isn't the Si39-303 the Design, Installation & Testing Instruction manual wit less information then the 404?

Peter_1
27-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi Peter_1 and good evening.
Get there the service manual si39-407 ( MA series )
http://www.mediafire.com/?yjqvybrbiny
Hope this helps
rgds
cool#9

Apparently, its for the MA serie - as you described correct in your original message but I hadn't seen it - and not the M7, but anyhow, it's saved for further use.

VRVIII
27-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Wow, what a help guys.
Isn't the Si39-303 the Design, Installation & Testing Instruction manual wit less information then the 404?

Hi,

SiE39-302 - M7 service manual
SiE39-404 - M7/M8 Service manual
SiE39-303 - Design, installation & testing instructions (less info for fault finding)

Regards

Peter_1
27-01-2010, 08:46 PM
L8 & L9 – Relate to inverter compressor over current, With these errors I would say the compressor is partially seized or poor electrical connection beween inverter board and compressor terminals.

It's just I want to make sure what I need to order, PCB or compressor.
Someone told me if you only change one part, you then have to be cautious that the replaced part can be damaged again by the not replaced part.
I have two of those units connected together where one is shutting down on L8. Can I just pull out temporarily the wires of the inverted controlled compressor so that it keeps running on teh otehr 2 nnot inverter controlled compressors till I have the spare parts? Or will the PCB sees this as new fault? We mostly install Mitsubishi and for several reasons, we avoid Daikin.

Peter_1
27-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi,

SiE39-302 - M7 service manual
SiE39-303 - Design, installation & testing instructions (less info for fault finding)

Regards

So I better look for the SiE39-302 or the SiE-404

Peter_1
27-01-2010, 08:50 PM
If you guys ever need something form Mitsubishi ELectric, let me know.

cool#9
27-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Wow, what a help guys.
OK you can get it: i know that MY (japan factory ) service manual is the same as M7 ( from DENV).
http://www.mediafire.com/?kmmhwljmyi0
to go further with you problem you'll maybe need an inverter analyser to test the output of the inverter board, now in France we can afford it in our local supplier. You will find a special mode in the service manual...
rgds
cool#9

Peter_1
27-01-2010, 09:16 PM
OK you can get it: i know that MY (japan factory ) service manual is the same as M7 ( from DENV).
http://www.mediafire.com/?kmmhwljmyi0
to go further with you problem you'll maybe need an inverter analyser to test the output of the inverter board, now in France we can afford it in our local supplier. You will find a special mode in the service manual...
rgds
cool#9
Perfect cool ...where the hell is the # sign....cool#9 ;)
I think I can go tomorrow on site now with my mini-pc and all you files besides me and also my small gas burner to warm myself a little bit. Hopes it stops snowing.

Peter_1
27-01-2010, 09:17 PM
[U].... You will find a special mode in the service manual...
rgds
cool#9
Haven't found this in the 404 manual.

VRVIII
27-01-2010, 09:18 PM

It's just I want to make sure what I need to order, PCB or compressor.
Someone told me if you only change one part, you then have to be cautious that the replaced part can be damaged again by the not replaced part.
I have two of those units connected together where one is shutting down on L8. Can I just pull out temporarily the wires of the inverted controlled compressor so that it keeps running on teh otehr 2 nnot inverter controlled compressors till I have the spare parts? Or will the PCB sees this as new fault? We mostly install Mitsubishi and for several reasons, we avoid Daikin.

Peter,

Disconnecting the compressor will also cause an error, you need to disable the compressor by field setting. The setting depends on if you have a stand alone unit or a multi system (units linked together as 1 system), which do you have on site?

I would only replace one part and going by your inverter fault description I would say 90% sure inverter compressor. A faulty compressor can damage a new inverter PCB but a faulty PCB will not damage a new compressor.

I would carry out further investigation into E6 fault, are you sure this wasn’t an E5 error?

VRVIII
27-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Haven't found this in the 404 manual.

Look at outdoor field settings (404 manual page 139):

Mode 2 setting 28 - inverter check mode

cool#9
27-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Look at outdoor field settings:

Mode 2 setting 28 - inverter check mode
Yes, and do not forgot to disconnect the compressor :eek: ... good night to all
cool#9

VRVIII
27-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Sorry Peter I have just read you post again and noticed that you have 2 units linked together.

You will have:
1 master unit - with H8P on & F1F2 indoor wiring connected.
1 slave unit - with H8P flashing & only Q1Q2 wiring connected.

When you have a multi system you can not disable the faulty compressor and you will need to disable the unit with faulty compressor.

Mode 2 setting 38 - disable master unit
Mode 2 setting 39 - disable slave 1 unit

Peter_1
27-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Peter,

Disconnecting the compressor will also cause an error, you need to disable the compressor by field setting. The setting depends on if you have a stand alone unit or a multi system (units linked together as 1 system), which do you have on site?

I would only replace one part and going by your inverter fault description I would say 90% sure inverter compressor. A faulty compressor can damage a new inverter PCB but a faulty PCB will not damage a new compressor.

I would carry out further investigation into E6 fault, are you sure this wasn’t an E5 error?

Multiple system, 2 pcs RXYQ16 linked, it was E6 fault.
I argued the same, that I doubt a PCB can damage a compressor.

Peter_1
27-01-2010, 10:38 PM
In case someone is still awake ;) referring to 5.2.2 Emergency operation..i can switch off temporarily the faulty compressor
5.2.2. is referring to 1 outdoor unit (RXYQ8 to 16M) where 5.2.3.speaks about multi OUtdoor unit system (RXYQ18 to 48 M) I'm having two RXYQ16 units :confused:

VRVIII
28-01-2010, 05:08 PM
In case someone is still awake ;) referring to 5.2.2 Emergency operation..i can switch off temporarily the faulty compressor
5.2.2. is referring to 1 outdoor unit (RXYQ8 to 16M) where 5.2.3.speaks about multi OUtdoor unit system (RXYQ18 to 48 M)

Peter,

Do you mean; you have 1 faulty compressor on each unit?
IE. master inverter compressor faulty & Slave unit standard compressor faulty.

I'm having two RXYQ16 units :confused:
2 x RXYQ16 = RXYQ32 multi outdoor system, this means you must look at 5.2.3 and
temporarily disable the faulty unit (not the compressor only) by mode 2 setting 38 for master or 39 for slave 1

Peter_1
28-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Peter,

Do you mean; you have 1 faulty compressor on each unit?
IE. master inverter compressor faulty & Slave unit standard compressor faulty.

2 x RXYQ16 = RXYQ32 multi outdoor system, this means you must look at 5.2.3 and
temporarily disable the faulty unit (not the compressor only) by mode 2 setting 38 for master or 39 for slave 1

Thanks, just back from school. I have one faulty compressor on the master unit. Was back today, compressor spins up for +/- 30 to 40 seconds and then it shuts down. All indoor units connected to the multi go in error (I-touch)
It's somehow strange for me why Daikin shuts down everything when there's a fault on 1 of the 6 compressors? I should conclude that the system may run further with the remaining 5 but giving a fault code of course.

VRVIII
28-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks, just back from school. I have one faulty compressor on the master unit. Was back today, compressor spins up for +/- 30 to 40 seconds and then it shuts down. All indoor units connected to the multi go in error (I-touch)
It's somehow strange for me why Daikin shuts down everything when there's a fault on 1 of the 6 compressors? I should conclude that the system may run further with the remaining 5 but giving a fault code of course. If you turn the remote controller off/on the system will automatically disable the unit with faulty compressor, however after 8hrs the system will again shut down and indicate fault code. see back up operation section in service manual :D
To prevent fault reoccurring every 8hrs, you must manually disable the faulty unit as per previous post.