PDA

View Full Version : Condensate Heater For Wall Mount AC

cool nirvana
26-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Hello, I am looking for an alternative to a condensate pump on wall mount AC split systems. I have been told about an option to use a wall mount heater (similar to a pan heater in a display case).
Has anyone seen this type of product?
Was it successful?
What is the brand?
Where can I get one?
Thanks for your help.
jc
Sydney, Australia

Brian_UK
26-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Suppose you could do, not sure about the practicalities though.

Electric heater, plastic tray, water evaporated, smell of burning, no, I'm wrong, they are flames I see. :D

sedgy
27-01-2010, 12:09 AM
hi cool narvina, condence water drained from the indoor unit could be drained into the ground or into a potted plant to hide or disperse the water , how dose that fit in with your set-up

lowcool
27-01-2010, 01:35 AM
its seems like a strange request to me.condensate trays create steam and a reasonable amount of heat and should be well ventilated if its a reasonably large a/c i doubt that it will have the capacity on muggy days.as there is no description of what your trying to achieve in what circumstances i would suggest a bucket they can empty every day

Yuri B.
27-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Or feeding (filling) an (ultrasonic or some other) air humidifier.

VRVIII
27-01-2010, 04:13 PM
hi cool narvina, condence water drained from the indoor unit could be drained into the ground or into a potted plant to hide or disperse the water , how dose that fit in with your set-up
I agree with Sedgy, you can’t beat discharging condensate into a large plant pot.
It doesn't get any greener than that :D

fridge doctor
27-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Using a condensate heater in an AC is jsut defeating the object. The AC is being used to lower the RH and make the room or space feel more comfortable. If you boil off the water the AC removes from the atmosphere you are simply releasing it again, and are just perpetuating the cycle!!! Get rid of it - out of the conditioned space post haste.

Yuri B.
27-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Yes, agree.