PDA

View Full Version : Duct design

solo io
26-01-2010, 12:29 PM
hello, How r u all?

i'm a student, and i'm working on the GRADUATION project. it's about designing an air conditioning system for a mall.

i have a problem with that. i don't know how much diffusers (outlet) must be placed in every shop.

i mean, is there any standard to do that (for example one diffuser per 10 sq. meter)..

hope to find the answer..

waiting for you..

weeliang82
26-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi Solo...

I'm a newly grad engineer and i hope to share my knowledge with you..

I think that the number of diffuser that you should put will depends on the area that you want to cool.

For example, if your diffuser distributes 300cfm (approx. 10,000 Btu/hr) and the area that you wants to cool needed 40,000 Btu/hr, then probably you will need 4 diffusers and so on. You may opt for diffusers that can distribute more cfm, but it may come with larger noise..

Also the number of diffuser will depend on the layout of your area. You need to take into consideration the distribution of the cold air in your design.

I hope my info here can help you in your design. As i'm also in the learning process, please correct me if the info that i'm sharing is wrong.

Thank you.

solo io
26-01-2010, 04:27 PM
thanks weeliang82..

i've understood the idea, but can u help me to find the type of the diffusers with its distribution area?

:)

Brian_UK
26-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Solo, welcome to the forum.

Some diffuser data here...
http://www.airvector.ca/products.php?page=DF4

Also, this company, Swegon, have a range of downloadable information that may be useful to you.

http://www.swegon.com/

They do put your choices of document into a "shopping basket" and you download by going to the "checkout" but there are no charges - it's free.

solo io
26-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Brain_UK, thanks man.

it's the data i need...

thank you all

Brian_UK
26-01-2010, 11:05 PM
One thing also to remember with air terminal layouts is which way the air will be moving within the shop/office etc.

Cooler for the paying customer with the treated air extracted over the staff area, for example.

Within shops, if they are clothing shops then allow for cool air in the changing/fitting rooms.

Within the mall, if doing the main areas, consider smoke extraction/movement.

Good luck with your design.