PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions

ddrink
26-01-2010, 03:51 AM
I'm new, please forgive me for any obvious questions, incorrect terminology, and for not really knowing exactly what I'm talking about. I'm looking for a new chiller for my anodizing line (small line), and found a unit for what I thought was a very cheap price, $5. The only name and model number I can find on the unit is Kuhlmobil CAE440A HR. I got it home wired it up, filled it with water and let it run, it seemed to run fine for 5-10 minutes. At that point I'm not sure if the compressor went south or a relay fired and took the compressor with it. I almost positive the compressor is shot, 25ohms on one coil infinite on the other, and a relay burnt up.

I'm not looking at fixing this unit myself, but looking for suggestions as to what needs to be replaced on the unit to make it functional. Like I said I don't really know anything about chillers, but I don't want to get ripped off by someone that does.

Currently runs with r-12, which I know will need to be updated, but what would be the most economical to go with, both for recharging and component replacement. I found a new compressor that looks like it would do the trick but runs on r-22. Would It work without replacing everything?

Thanks,

Dan

multisync
26-01-2010, 10:48 AM
I believe you need a licience to carry out the level of work you are suggesting

. Plus why assume you will be ripped off.. Coming here and slagging off professional engineers and companies...

Therefore unless it is confirmed otherwise I believe we should all refrain from answering....

In short 'eff off!!!

ddrink
26-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Sorry I didn't know I needed a license to ask for suggestions, like I said I'm not looking to do the work myself, but would like to know a little bit more about what I'm talking about. I also didn't know that refrigeration is the only completely honest industry left in the world. I didn't accuse you of anything, I'm sorry that you are overly sensitive.

ddrink
26-01-2010, 01:33 PM
I reread the forum rules just to make sure I didn't violate any of them and maybe that is way your unddies are in such a knot, but couldn't find any rules I violated. I did see that you did though:

1. There will be no profanity suffered in the Refrigeration-Engineer.com. That includes words that are misspelled to fool the forum automatic banned words.

multisync
26-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Put it down as $5 lost..try to fix it and then you'll rack up hundreds of dollars wasted

Go back to Ebay and find another one..

Yuri B.
26-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Hello.
You have probably given the little machine the load it is unable to cope with (too high water temp). And measure the motor resistances once more, to be sure 100%.

taz24
28-01-2010, 12:07 AM
I almost positive the compressor is shot, 25ohms on one coil infinite on the other, and a relay burnt up.

I'm not looking at fixing this unit myself, but looking for suggestions as to what needs to be replaced on the unit to make it functional. Like I said I don't really know anything about chillers, but I don't want to get ripped off by someone that does.

I will point you in the right direction Dan.

I think you will find Multi is upset at your inferance
that you will get ripped off by a fridge Engineer.

The fact is you bought a cheap cooler and somhow you killed it.

The liecence Multi refered to, was to work with
refrigerants. If the comp is US then the thing will need
replacing and that needs particular skills and tools.

Currently runs with r-12, which I know will need to be updated, but what would be the most economical to go with, both for recharging and component replacement. I found a new compressor that looks like it would do the trick but runs on r-22. Would It work without replacing everything?

Thanks,

Dan

Put it down to experience

taz

ddrink
29-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Taz,

It is chalked up to experience.

Multi,

It is easier to get newbie's to leave YOUR forum with a simple explanation like "Put it down as $5 lost..try to fix it and then you'll rack up hundreds of dollars wasted" rather than getting territorial

rsuresh
29-01-2010, 02:00 PM
hi iam new 2 this from hyd,india.

jcook1982
29-01-2010, 07:56 PM
ddrink

What does it say on the compressor "Kuhlmobil CAE440A HR" ?