PDA

View Full Version : Signal wire condens pumps

N.Lewis
25-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi guys, connecting an Aspen condens pump to a mitsi wall mounted A/C, mod No MSZ-HC35VAB, just need to know where you connect the cut out signal wire, checked three installs around my one and none of them have attached said cable, on evap i have connections S1,S2,S3, and on cond S1,S2,S3-L,N,E.
I know it isnt a necesity, but it is bugging me and would like to know the solution.
Thanks for any help.

aircool
25-01-2010, 06:00 PM
connect the 2 wires off the pump and wire through s1 and s3

troymedhurst
25-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi guys, connecting an Aspen condens pump to a mitsi wall mounted A/C, mod No MSZ-HC35VAB, just need to know where you connect the cut out signal wire, checked three installs around my one and none of them have attached said cable, on evap i have connections S1,S2,S3, and on cond S1,S2,S3-L,N,E.
I know it isnt a necesity, but it is bugging me and would like to know the solution.
Thanks for any help.
Hi,

I have looked at wiring diagram and, in my opinion, there is nothing to wire the cut out to. The only possibillity is to interupt (S1) 230v in, but you would have to check rating of the volt free contact on the pump. But having said that I personally would not worry about it, if all the other units have no additional protection.

troymedhurst
25-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi aircool,
sorry to question your thinking but S1 is 230v and S3 is 12-24v. Which would mean you cant wire accross.?

Brian_UK
25-01-2010, 07:38 PM
As Troy stated DO NOT CONNECT S1 TO S3 you will blow the system.

S1 = +230Vac
S2 = Neutral
S3 = 12-24v - signal wire

You could interrupt the S1 wire, the internal fuse is rated at 3.15a so there isn't much load on although you might trigger fault codes, I'm not sure.

Wiring across the signal wire tends to corrupt the signal so is not advised.

Service manual for that unit here if you want it...
http://ebinderup.com/pdf/OBH466B.pdf

N.Lewis
26-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Thanks Brian i, certainly was NOT going to wire into S1-S3, had suggestion from Aspen about wiring it to compressor?? but even he was not sure and they make the bloody things.

coolhandlew
26-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Connect across S1and S2 and use it to switch on some fairy lights or something. It would be a combined warning/feature.

Brian_UK
26-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Connect across S1and S2 and use it to switch on some fairy lights or something. It would be a combined warning/feature.
Why do you propose such a stupid idea? :mad:

Blowing the power fuse is not the best way to control anything.

coolhandlew
27-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Why do you propose such a stupid idea? :mad:

Blowing the power fuse is not the best way to control anything.
I see the sense of humour bypass was a complete success

aircool
28-01-2010, 07:52 PM
sorry fellas,i got it wrong wat i meant 2 say is break it through s3,,if the pump fails the unit will go out on fault.sory again

Brian_UK
28-01-2010, 10:54 PM
sorry fellas,i got it wrong wat i meant 2 say is break it through s3,,if the pump fails the unit will go out on fault.sory again
Know what you're saying Aircool but it will throw up a fault code as well which will be unrelated to a stuck pump.

aircool
30-01-2010, 02:28 PM
brian uk ur busting my balls man,,been doin this yrs never no bother,,,its recomended by mitsi u do it this way..think about it, pump fails do u want unit producing water that it can,t get rid off..do a bit of research before u start busting balls..talk 2 mitsi about it see wat they say and come back 2 me...u trying 2 suggest i don,t know wat i,m at

Brian_UK
30-01-2010, 10:03 PM
OK, I give up.

al
31-01-2010, 12:19 AM
I'd have thought (like Brian) to not break s3 as this will bring up no comms fault,

would it not be easier to break the mains feed (s1) instead, the pump relay should be ok for this (little giants are rated to 5a).....just because we've been doing it for years doesn't make it right:confused:

alec

coolhandlew
31-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I'd have thought (like Brian) to not break s3 as this will bring up no comms fault,

would it not be easier to break the mains feed (s1) instead, the pump relay should be ok for this (little giants are rated to 5a).....just because we've been doing it for years doesn't make it right:confused:

alec
It doesn't matter. If you break S1 the unit will stop which is good. If you break S3 the unit will fault which is good. As long as the end user knows what you've done and their pump doesn't overflow they're happy.
Shall we talk about something else now!!