PDA

View Full Version : Skillcards Revisited

eggs
20-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Nice to know nothing has changed on "BIG" builders sites.
Things have been quiet since xmas, so me and my band of merry men have addorned our "Sub contract Ducters" hats.
You have proberbly seen our type in action.
20m in the air on scissor lifts without having to show our ariel access licences, using Hilti dx shot fixings, training certificates remaining in our pockets, hanging 900mm spiral ductwork with our "you are not working on our site without it", necessary Skillcards, still unused in the glovebox.
I can't wait to have to pay for the ones that say "Skilled air conditioning type men"
Then they can go in the glovebox with our ducters ones.

cheers

eggs

WebRam
21-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Nice to know nothing has changed on "BIG" builders sites.
Things have been quiet since xmas, so me and my band of merry men have addorned our "Sub contract Ducters" hats.
You have proberbly seen our type in action.
20m in the air on scissor lifts without having to show our ariel access licences, using Hilti dx shot fixings, training certificates remaining in our pockets, hanging 900mm spiral ductwork with our "you are not working on our site without it", necessary Skillcards, still unused in the glovebox.
I can't wait to have to pay for the ones that say "Skilled air conditioning type men"
Then they can go in the glovebox with our ducters ones.

cheers

eggs

All the sites I work on, you will not get in without a skill card and you have to keep it displayed at all times.

It comes down to who runs the sites. Personally I would not work in sites that did not require them.

We have to start somewhere

botrous
21-01-2005, 11:01 PM
:( here , no skill card needed , just your presence and your work ,,, that's why forgein workers are taking place of Lebanese in construction sites . . . and the economy is going down down down ...
We must start somewhere , i think that laws and regulations to organise HVACR and other technical works should be made

Peter_1
21-01-2005, 11:28 PM
+/- the same here Botrous, organising us good, but then everybody has to join and also teh wholesalers must take part of negotiatons. Not registered persons can't buy the any longer gas, copper...or at very high prices.