PDA

View Full Version : hockinheim 2door freezers moisture

fowlie
22-01-2010, 09:51 PM
wondering if any one else has had bother with moisture in these systems as every single one weve got has had problems with moisture chocking up the valve,this is happening like a year after running checked them no leaks not running on a vac no faults found.every time i will change drier and valve and tripple vac and put in new gas then a year later same thing begining to wonder if its those flexible hoses.

coolhibby1875
23-01-2010, 09:05 PM
hi fowlie this is a problem with these freezers i have had this loads in tesco express stores, and what makes it worse is they trays at the bottom are a nightmare to get in and out!

suctionheader
23-01-2010, 09:53 PM
I have been repairing these cabinets for the last 4 years and have come to one conclusion why this problem is happening. When the condenser is running very hot as the unit is not fitted with an oil separator a lot of oil ends up in the evaporator. I have proved this by purging the system with OFN and collecting a lot of oil in a bucket. To try and stop this problem occuring again I have uprated the condenser fan motors to 25 watts and informed the store staff to try on a monthly basic to keep the condenser clean.

rnine
24-01-2010, 08:16 PM
informed the store staff to try on a monthly basic to keep the condenser clean.

:D Worth a try I suppose. Then again, so is the lottery..

Mark
27-01-2010, 08:51 PM
wondering if any one else has had bother with moisture in these systems as every single one weve got has had problems with moisture chocking up the valve,this is happening like a year after running checked them no leaks not running on a vac no faults found.every time i will change drier and valve and tripple vac and put in new gas then a year later same thing begining to wonder if its those flexible hoses.

Yup fowlie indeed....

Silhouette
29-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Is it moisture or the oil breaking down and forming wax? This will give similar symptoms!

fowlie
31-01-2010, 11:38 AM
no it is moisture by looking at it the unit seems to be a real mismatch of a large scroll them a very small condensor then a liquid line reduced to 1/4 from 3/8 at the expanssion valve,a real poor design

CAPTAINBIRDSEYE
11-02-2010, 10:09 PM
how does an acid test look with the oil in system???

FridgemanBob
12-02-2010, 05:39 PM
We also have continual knightmares on these quality cases, and as you said its replace inline components & vac usually over 48hrs with no leaks found.
According to uk case supplier Compressor oil has now been ammended for less hydroscopic grade, amazing how that works and they agreed the cases were S#%t.....

Tayters
14-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I've encounterd similar on the Surfrigo variants in Tesco Express stores. A call placed for case high temp but on arrival everything is working fine.

I've noted the previous notes about condensor and oil problems and believe the fault to be oil waxing up the TEV, causing the pot to run in a vacuum then cut out on overload as no LP switch fitted.

Chosen technique of repair is to:

Cut out drier and relocate a bigger one in front of pot for easier access. Replace TEV, orifice, sight glass, condensor fan motors and delay timer. Cut flexi lines, braze in schrader and blow out oil from evaporator and dust from condensor. Refit and away you go.
Diff on the Carel controller seems to set to 0K, maybe because the delay timer is there to take care of it is the only reason I can think of, but I change it anyway.

I know it all seems a bit overkill but at least I know I've done my best to leave the unit in the best shape possible.
It takes 4-6 hours depending on how many floor tiles you have to dig out.;)

9 below zero
02-03-2010, 10:49 PM
prevention better than cure
basic maintenance keep condenser clean the only way forward

fowlie
03-03-2010, 12:08 AM
well iam glad iam not the only one with problems as said its the oil thats the problem,cure from blighline fit a good drier and give it a good vac.