PDA

View Full Version : Squelching/bubbling noise in outdoor unit in heating mode

back2space
22-01-2010, 02:03 AM
My LG unit in heating mode seems to be making squelching bubbling sounds at the outdoor unit?

Is this normal, attached is a video link where I have recorded the sound you can hear it along with the compressor, which ramps up towards the end, compressor sounds fine but this noise is making me wonder as not sure if made it last year but it was probably short on refrigerant. My biggest scare is if moisture gets into the system because most of the cowboys that attended have messed around with it so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0ux77P1cbk

The unit was happily plodding along and not working very hard it seems to make this noise all the time in heating, not so much in cooling.

Would you say is normal?

Brian_UK
22-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Have you checked to see if the defrost water is collecting in the bottom of the casing and getting 'sloshed' around by the fan.

back2space
23-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Have you checked to see if the defrost water is collecting in the bottom of the casing and getting 'sloshed' around by the fan.

No water in the bottom, happily draining out the hole and not collecting.

The noise is definatly from the refrigeration side?

Is it not normal to make this noise then?

eggs
23-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Back 2 Space, you need to rip out that LG system of yours, sell it on ebay then get out a bit more. Pubs are quite good, gyms are great, I even met a girl once when I went out.
I'm beginning to think your life revolves around your air con system.:confused:

Eggs

back2space
24-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Back 2 Space, you need to rip out that LG system of yours, sell it on ebay then get out a bit more. Pubs are quite good, gyms are great, I even met a girl once when I went out.
I'm beginning to think your life revolves around your air con system.:confused:

Eggs

:off topic:

Eggs, I would if I could however I have been off work the last 4 months with a broken foot and 3 operations later I am still off.

I dislocated my midfoot in 7 different places so had to have metal work... believe me its not through choice that I am staying in.

I normally am a go out on Saturday night and return home Monday morning kind of lad, love partying and clubbing but cant at the moment!

So not much else to do im afraid but bother you on here... now back on topic!